cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 and CUA for User Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have GRC 10 and would like to use CUA for creating users across several ABAP Systems ... ECC /BI etc .We also have position based with HR Triggers configured . I have a query as below

>>Using HR Triggers , access will be created in ECC Prod System .. CUA will also configured in ECC Production ..Assumption is to CUA should replicate all the access from ECC to other ABAP Systems .. I believe there is no need to maintain any config settings in GRC for CUA ???

Any thoughts will be appreciated ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

If I understand correctly you want to do the following:

1. User GRC AC for its HR Triggers functionality to create users directly in ECC

2. You have CUA over the ECC system, which would automatically push users to other ABAP systems based on the users created in ECC via HR Triggers.

For this there is no connection between the GRC and CUA, they are operating in silos doing their bits separately.

I am sure you and your team have thought it through about the design. However, would you let us know the reason for such a design? I mean having GRC and CUA both, that too working in silos is an operational / administrative overhead.

Similar functionality can probably be handled using GRC only using role mapping. Where while you create the user in ECC via HR triggers, you can have the respective roles mapped to other ABAP systems.

If there is a bigger picture that I am missing which is why this design is being used, please share the requirements for this design.

In my experience I have seen GRC being used WITH CUA, as Filip mentions where there is a bit of configuration in GRC needed for the CUA.

Thanks

Sammukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanmukh, we are not going in the role mapping path as lot of rework need to be done.

I will consider the option for CUA in GRC .

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

thanks for this information, are you expecting more input for your inquire? Were any of the answer useful to you? If yes - please mark them as such for other users to benefit from it.

Filip

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil Ch,

you would like to use CUA with GRC system - u need to maintain CUA Settings on GRC. You need to maintain the connector settings for the CUA system.  CUA system settings can either be global settings or can be set by each individual system connector. Therefore, some of your systems can be connected to a CUA while others need not be connected; both can however be provisioned through the application.

Let me know how further I can help,

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Filip. We would like to configure CUA in ECC System and form there access will  be distributed to other ABAP Systems .  I believe HR Triggers will create access in ECC and CUA will take care of rest to create in other systems

Do we need to configure any settings related to CUA in GRC System in this case ??

Regards

Anil

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

How GRC will know then (without config being made) in ECC there is CUA system operating user to role assignment?

On my projects I have been using CUA (without HR Trigers) and always there was a need to configure CUA on GRC side. Not sure how HR trigers impact this fact, the best way would be to do quick test in your environemt - CUA configuration on GRC takes 1 minute:)

Filip