Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring - BO Graphical-Overview

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've registered our BO system for technical monitoring.

There I face the issue, that in the graphical overview all installed "software" gets displayed.
Also if it is monitored or not.

Does anybody else have the same issue? Or does know how to get this in control?

The description of the SIDs are that small, that I also didn't had to black-out the SIDs

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Sounds like normal behaviour. That landscape is really what you have in place, correct?

The diagrams show the landscape like it's known by LMDB so it that is the landscape that is known, it will show all elements involved, even if it's not monitored.

Best regards

Tom

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

is it possible, to shrink it in LMDB? or "deativate" some items in LMDB?

Kind regards

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, "Diagnostic Relevant"-flag should control, what is displayed and what not.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it doesn't for that system monitoring overview

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

I always say "everything is possible". Well, almost everything but the question is always, how much is the initial effort and the maintenance effort to put it in place.

The problem in this case would be that normally, your system pushes information updates to the SLD and the SLD synchronizes with LMDB. So unless you stop that information push or that information push is not scheduled in (it was a one time thing), you won't gain anything by removing one of those instances because it will just reappear.

Removing something from the SLD that is connected to SAP Solution Manager, also removes it from the LMDB (best way to clean up a system in SolMan).

Be careful though because it can be dangerous as well if that SLD is used by other components or scenarios that actually do need that data. This depends on your landscape setup, amongst other things.

So yes, it can be done but then you would have to avoid that the data is updated. I wouldn't recommend it though. It makes more sense to actually set up monitoring for those pieces that currently don't have monitoring  (the ones you wanna get rid off).

Best regards

Tom

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes....unfortunatly...

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

thx for that input, very helpful.

And I agree, I don't want to loosse SLD/LMDB data, just because of graphical-advantage.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, leave SLD and LMDB in the state they are. There data is what all you need not graphics

Regards,