cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting ATE to SMP3.0 SP03/WM6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello--

I'm getting the following error trying to connect ATE to SMP3.0 SP03.

- The URL I use in the ATE is: https://localhost:8082/sapwm

- The credentials of the EC back end system.

Any suggestion where the issue may be?

Cheers,

F

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your Agentry's Startup.log file do you see a like like "failed to load Crypo Keys".

This is because of a change how the SMP Server has a local created user that doesn't have access to the folder that the Agentry Server uses to keep a local encryption key.

It was resolved in SMP 3 SP03 PL1, current server release is SP05.

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Stephen--

I'm running Version: 3.0.3  SP Level: 03. I believe this is not an issue for this release.

Regards,

F

dm21
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please show the errors from the startup logs?

Thanks,

Deepak.M

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Fouad,

Will it possible to upgrade to SP05 since you are running with a very old build. The fix Stephen is talking about, you do not have it. You are running SMP 3.0 with SP03, the fix is in SP03 PL 1 or higher. The latest is SP05. Let the team know your thoughts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Ali--

I upgraded to SP05 and I still have the same issue.

When I call the url below I get: "I am here!"

https://FQDN:8082/SAPWM

However when User the ATE or Mobile client I still get the error below;

Requesting Public Key from Server

Communications error (14)

Connection failed

Ending transmission

I also install the smp_crt.cer and added it to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

Cheers,

Fouad

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It looks like we are not hitting the server. Do you have Wireshark to monitor the request and see what the response is? Note: 8082 is used for Mutual authentication.

We will do some quick testing internally and see if we can reproduce your issue.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m using the same machine as the server to run the test.

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad,

If you are using https, then you must use this address https://FQDN:8081/SAPWM or whatever the application name, you can see it in the Cockpit.

Note the SMP server certificate needs to be installed in the trusted store as you already I think did.

Can you confirm if you tested this?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the screenshot for the URL and it's exactly the same I used in the browser:

I did install the certificate as trusted root:

Cheers,

Fouad

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please use port 8081 and report back the result. You are using port 8082.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the port 8081, the WM client freezes on Requesting Public Key from Server. however the 8082 I get the "I am here!" msg.

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

very interesting.. OK we will get back to you. We are planning to test this internally now.

The team will keep you update.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl. let me know if you need any additional details.

Cheers

F

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fouad,

Also attach what your servername-smp-server.log looks like (From your SMP 3.0 log) if this is possible, I want to see something popular in an upgrade between SPO3 and SP04. Just wondering if you are seeing it too and is causing this.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I send the details to an email address, In that way i don't to clean the files before sharing them on the net.

Cheers,

Fouad

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you upgrade are you still seeing the following in your events.log file:

01/20/2015 08:54:06, 0,         0,         2, Thr      11400, Loading the Agentry Runtime's public/private key for password exchanges.

01/20/2015 08:54:06, 0,         0,         2, Thr      11400, Key pair loaded successfully.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fouad, There are rules in SCN about sharing email (you cannot expose it). You can follow an individual and send a message directly to that person using SCN. Regards, Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes:

01/20/2015 13:54:56, 0,         0,         2, Thr       5336, Loading the Agentry Runtime's public/private key for password exchanges.

01/20/2015 13:54:56, 0,         0,         2, Thr       5336, Key pair loaded successfully.

01/20/2015 13:54:56, 0,         0,         2, Thr       5336, Agentry Startup

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fouad,

From what was presented to me there are a few questions that I have:

1) Did you already setup the Work Manager 6.2 ERP add on requirements in the backend? This is also known as the Syclo add on.

It is somewhat like this: ERP Add on SMERP SAPK-61003INSMERP installed on your ERP. - This is one of the requirements to run Work Manager 6.2.

- You have to make sure that all your BC sets are activated - check the install guides available in our SCN here (our SAP CEG group has a nice page for what add ons are used and needs to be installed)

- If you answer yes here the errors on your login states that the main functionality of Work Manager in

SAP is not fully establish.

error: 2015 01 20 13:55:19#0-500#INFO#System.out##anonymous#Agentry Prod Def Load Loop Thread###checkForErrors::1::message::E::20.01.2015 13:55:55  - Data Object Assignment for BAPI /SYCLO/CORE_MDW_SESSION1_CRT Not Found! |

After you get this error, the SMP server states that you have a Java exception which really means that the communication interface to SAP was not establish yet on your SMP 3.0 start up.

2) Even though your startup.log file stated it is successful there are several items missing in it that signifies that your startup was not successful which is pretty much listed in your servername-smp.server.log.

Item 1 above is your error why your ATE cannot connect to Work Manager 6.2.

Also make sure your javaBE.ini is properly setup in your zip folder that you use to publish in SMP (has the correct logon and it correctly states the app name and the serverserialnumber that it needs to connect to).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m double checking the addons and will get back to you.

The JavaBE.ini is up to date since it's done by the installer.

Cheers,

Fouad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Fouad,

I can see the url you are using in the ATE and the one where you installed the certificate doesn't match exactly, PF01GYRY is in upper cases and lower in the other. I suggest you try the same cases.

Cheers,

Leonardo.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi. What errors are you getting? Did you check if you copied the certs (*.cer) from SMP 3.0 (Server->Configuration) to the ATE directory? Regards, Mark Pe SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mark--

I copied the *.cer files to the rood dir of the ATE but still getting the same error:

Requesting Public Key from Server

Communications error (14)

Connection failed

Ending transmission

Regards,

Fouad

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Fouad,

Regarding the certificate, you need to install the .cer file to the Windows Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate store.  Just double click on the .cer file and select the correct certificate store.  Remember the server name you enter in the ATE must match the common name on the certificate or you will get an SSL error.

All this being said, when you see an error 14 that indicates the client is unable to connect to the server.  Looking at your URL I think you specified the wrong port unless you changed them after installation.

The correct url would normally be https://localhost:8081/SAPWM

It is important to note the sub-url (sapwm) is case sensitive and must match the Agentry application name by default or the value you entered for the urlPath in the Management Cockpit.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Bill--

I didn't change the default ports during the installation, however when call https://localhost:8083/sapwm using ATE, it hanged on "Requesting Public Key from Server"

I also tried the url using the server name as indicated in the certificate but I'm getting the same behave as with the localhost.

I installed the .cer as per your suggestion, but still the same issue.

When I change the port back to 8083, I get the error 14.

Attached the log of Agentry.

Cheers,

F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure port 8083 is where Agentry is listening? You can verify the URL by entering it into the browser. If the Agentry server is there, you will see "I am here!" in the browser window.

Regards, Daniel

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fouad, Your events.log file shows problems loading your agentry.ini. It is showing incompatibility statement in it - Badkey..

Try to use this quick start guide for Work Manager 6.1 as reference as it uses the ATE as the quick client to be used for connection. It should be similar to WM 6.2. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2060561  (has an attachment) Look closely at the ATE part of it.

Let me know if you have problems accessing or downloading the attachments. I changed it recently and I am not sure if the SCN team left the attachment in our space or removed it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got this message trying to access to ppt;

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fouad,

For now use this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxi3-rUeRHmcVE9jcVRIcjkySms&authuser=0  to get the file.

I am trying to get that link fix in the notes. Just moving the docs to a different SCN name space (SAP for Mobile).

Regards,

Mark