cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a product which gets manufactured and received into the warehouse in different sizes.

In SAP it is the same and only one material master record. How can I make the system propose the correct storage bins each time we receive in a

different size?

Any input would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Meghna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A little bit has to be done manually to push SAP doing what you want.

- Maintain palletization data in WM2 and select the right palletization when creating the transfer order.

- if you work with fixed bins, then the special movement indicator may help you with selecting the wanted bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna,

Your scenario is difficult to handle using standard SAP configuration. However, you can take the following steps and use ABAP:

1)  If you want to keep the same storage type for put-away of both material sizes then divide your racking into storage sections. Your bins will be determined based on correct storage sections. One storage section for a particular size.

2) You can create a Z-TABLE and include fields like material number, plant, size, storage type and storage section.

3) During your put-away, SAP can pick the storage type from your standard storage type search and then put a condition in ABAP to go and check the Z-table. If that storage type exists in this table then based on the correct storage section and size, your bin will be determined.

4) I assume that during goods receipt, you would specify the size somewhere.

Regards

Karan

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

What complexity do you see with SAP Standard Configuration, as mentioned by Jurgen we already have a field LE Qty1, 2 and 3 in the WM2 view. where based on quantity of incoming load system propose the pallet type and bin.

As far as standard SAP are concern this scenario is very much taken care by providing the LE Qty option in WM2 view (limited to three pallet size) and i don't see any reason to go with custom ABAP code ( it is only required when you have more then three pallet size)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karan