cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding key figure authorizations

0 Kudos

I've read some posts in this forum about key figure authorizations saying that they follow the usual "all or nothing" rule. That would mean I have to activate 0TCAKYFNM and then explicitly authorize every single key figure used in a query.

However, the BW365 learning materials list two exceptions to this rule: Hierarchies and Key Figures. For key figures, SAP writes:

"Key figure values are not displayed if the key figure is not authorized. You don't get a blank screen if you don't have access to one or two key figures;

you will still see the key figures you are authorized to see."

Well, I tried it and it doesn't seem to work. I get an authorization error and the log complains about missing authorizations for some of the key figures.

Who's lying?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

There are two exceptions to the "all or nothing" rule: Display Attributes and Key Figures. Display Attributes (of type Characteristic) need full (*) authorization to be displayed (and otherwise it will be hidden from display). Key Figures can be made authorization relevant using Characteristic 0TCAKYFNM. Full (*) authorization will allow the user to see all Key Figures. Otherwise only the explicitly authorized Key Figures can be seen (and all others will be hidden from display).

Please refer also to SAP Help.

E.g. if your BEx Query contains the Key Figures 0AMOUNT and 0QUANTITY and you are only authorized to see 0QUANTITY, then 0AMOUNT will be hidden. It should not lead to an "no authorization" error.

Can you please share more details about the authorization error (preferably an extract of the RSECADMIN authorization trace log)?

Thanks,

Sander

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Frank

Good one.

Try to keep only the keyfigure which you are authorized for the in the report and run it. Does it allow you.

Regards

Gajesh

0 Kudos

Hello Gajesh,

yeah well, that would be a very pragmatic solution. However, these reports are made for several user roles with more than 100 KeyFigures. Therefore it is not feasible to split these reports by user group.

Well, I would expect a clear statement from SAP whether this is possible or an error in the SAP learning materials.