cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about idea on idea place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I posted an idea on idea place and it was ACCEPTED. It is an idea for Business Intelligence Webintelligence, not for the reports designer itself but the mechanism of scheduling the reports:

Scheduling with date prompts - enhancement to make scheduling easier : View Idea

However I'm not sure they understood my idea. They merged it with another similar idea, but is not exactly the same problem.

I mean... it's nice to have default values, but it doesn't fix the old problem of not having a dynamic option to change values for scheduled reports, at the schedule window level, with a different range of dates for the same report's different instances.

As I can understand the idea they merged mine's with, would imply making a new report for every different range date because the report will have inside a default date value, but it's not the same having a default value like first day of month as a default value like last day of month inside the report. It would require two different versions of the same report. That's not practical.

That's why in mi idea I wanted something outside the report, to make it more dynamic.

Should I rephrase my idea as a new requirement? Can I request they unmerge my idea? Is that possible? How?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Let's call on this.