cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO saved with wrong type and now need to change it again????

amit_madkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need your help.

We have Automatic PO generation for a client when we save Sales Order. Now the system does not show PO numbers after saving a few orders. So i created a few POs and assigned it to respective sales orders."It should have been Inter company PO and i took standard PO type by mistake". After realizing my mistake i tried to change back the PO types. System does not allow the change.

What do i do now ?

I was thinking of creating new POs and saving them in Sales Orders.

In that case What would happen to the previously created POs? What would be the impact of the mistake ?

Please help me. Its on Production server.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

As suggested ,You can create new PO and assign them to the Sales order.

Existing PO which are not relevant can be deleted by setting Deletion Indicator .

If PO is processed further with MIGO and MIRO,first you have reverse/Cancel those MIGO and MIRO documents and set Deletion flag to PO

thanks

santosh

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Can you manually create PO with correct type referencing to the sales orders?

If yes then you can go ahead and reject the incorrect PO which system has generated, in this case system should allow you to create a new PO with reference to the sales order.

Rejection of a Purchase Order or Purchase Order Item - Purchase Order Collaboration - SAP Library

NOTE: Please try this in test client and let us known if it works.

Regards,

Naveen K.

amit_madkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes i can create the Purchase Orders.Couldn't change the PO type of the old POs, so I did create new POs and saved it in corresponding Sales Orders.

My question is what would happen to the incorrect POs which were created before as they will be in the system.