cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing Planning Area Initialization in Process Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our process chain nodes is failing while trying to call the program for PA initialization-/SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE.
The variant that we have set is utilizing "*" in the field for Planning Version. We have observed that keying in the individual Version names instead of "*" is solving the problem. The exact error message that we are getting is "Version with internal ID  does not exist".
Need some urgent inputs.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Looks like the error happens because you have blank version id.
The version ids are retrieved from table /sapapo/apo01. Please first check the table content, if there's any entry with blank value in field VRSIOID.

If not, please go to function module /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_VERSIO_CREATE in SE37, set a break point at below coding:

IF Iv_VRSIOid IS INITIAL.
*   Version mit interner ID &1 exisitert nicht
    message e103(/SAPAPO/OO_VERSION) with IV_VRSIOID RAISING ERROR.
  ENDIF.

Then you can run the initialization process and debug this part of coding. There should be a version with blank version id comes into this part.

Please let me know your findings. Good luck!~

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada,

I will just try doing what you mentioned. Will keep you posted.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyasheel,

Did this step used to work earlier and then suddenly stopped working and giving error message?

As you mentioned, since system is not recognizing '*' as name of any initialized planning area name, it is giving the error and giving the name would solve it.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

This was working alright for years and all of a sudden this cropped up. It is the version name and not the Planning Area in question. All I would try to do now is to revisit the KF settings in design view once & run TS & PV consistency check. any fresh insight is most welcome.

Regards