cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal in SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our Basis team has connected the portal server to SolMan. Now from the functional side how do you test this for a business process step (solar01) - the reason being portal processes are not "transaction" based. Any advice is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clarify more. In solar01 under transactions tab, which type (in the drop down menu) should I choose if the logical component is NW portal. Definitely it is not a transaction. If I select "web address or file" it takes me only to the portal log-on page. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

Any one who is implementing a project with portal as a satellite sytem .request for your input. I have a business process in which some process steps are in ECC60 and some in portal. I am buliding the project structure for that. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Can you pls tell what kind of RFC connection do you have between the Solution Manager system and the portal?

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alagammai. Are you asking is it a trusted RFC or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Right. In one type of RFC, I remember we can give a standard user account to be used to login to the satellite system. In this case, i think it will not go to the login page.

In another type of RFC, we can make the current user account(in SolMan) to be used to login to the satellite system. In this case, it will take us to the login page.

Can u pls check the first option and see whether it takes u directly to the intended iview instead of taking u to the login page?

best regds,

Alagammai.