cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.0 EAM Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured the EAM general setting. Now I want to setup the workflow .Is there any step by step guide to fire fighter provisioning through workflow.

We have generated standard MSMP workflow for FF logs but can you suggest how to proceed with BRF+ Settings and configurations required for the same.

Thanks,

Shivani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivani,

please check out this document - it is quite good!

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Filip but I already referred to this document.

I am using Process ID SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST and have created path in MSMP for EAM in stage 5 (Maintain Path) but need to know about rule creation along with rule set up in Stage 2 for EAM Workflow.

Can provide me step by step procedure for creating BRF+ rules ,decision tables values ,what parameters and functions that needs to created for EAM Workflow configuration?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Shivani

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivani

This is a basic question and you fill find information if you search SCN. For this MSMP (to approve request for access to Firefighter), your need to look at the initiator rule based on Request Type attribute to differentiate EAM from the rest of ARQ

For the conception overview, please refer to this document:

Step by Step instructions can be found in GRC300 and Wiki or through searching SCN posts.

Regards

Colleen

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Shivani,

let me give you overview. Are you familiar with BRF+?

First for EAM I would create a separate request type (EAM). Go to SPRO/GRC/AC/Provisioning/Define Request  Type (Customizing activity, where you can maintain the request types), and then assign actions to the request types.

Next on initiator rule you create a rule that if request type is EAM - different result - your EAM path.

Please try and let us know,

Filip

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I was typing in the mean time and have not seen you already answer to Shivani inquire.

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen for the documents! Its very nice

Filip,

This is our first custom path/stage, so please forgive me for asking basic questions

I have maintained Decision Table with Req Types 006,001,002 for one Initiator rule and created three paths NEW_PATH, CHANGE_PATH and EAM_PATH in MSMP. We need to maintain Escape path if no approval is found please can you assist me, Do i have to create routing rule for the same?

I have some queries please suggest.

1) In Decision table is it mandatory to select Priority tab for these request or request are handled on the basis of Req type maintained in decision table?

2) Stage 4 Variables and Templates the parameters that needs to be maintained?

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Shivani

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

here is more detailed version - how to do this step by step.

Escape path - always go to have one -for example WF admis group.

Priority is not mandatory.

4 Variable and Templates - is not mandatory.

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Filip for sharing wonderful document!

I have performed all the steps for EAM Workflow as per the document but once I create an emergency request and submit it the request redirects for agents maintained in Default path.

I have created an EAM path (EAM_PATH) and maintained stage , agents as shown below.

Also maintained Route Mapping and maintained rules with results in stage 2.

Once agents like Manager, Role owner approves then request goes to Security approval as per default path which this request is routing too. If security approver submits the request from work inbox then he/she gets below error at security stage but there is no option to enter notes.

Please suggest am I following correct approach or missing any step here.

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivani,

I am glad you have liked the document (inside the document - on very button - you can rank it:).

I understand from your post you have 2 issues:

-2- notes are required

would like to keep it like this ? I am asking because you can disable notes on task settings. How?

In the Process Global Settings phase, select the process for Access Request Approval Workflow, and then choose the Maintain Paths phase. Under the Maintain Stages area, choose Display Task Settings. The Stage Definition screen appears. Under the Task Settings section, select the check-box for Comments Mandatory and make your choice there.

If you would like to keep the notes mandatory - just enter them on comments (notes) tab - before you made a decision. Next to SOD analisys and user details tab.

-1- your EAM path gots to default - make sure you delete default results from initiator rule and ensure you have made a correct mapping between your initiator result and path.

Regards,

Filip

Answers (0)