cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to create Text Group for Order Header Text?

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

We have requirement to identify Text ID group wise.

@ billing header we have many text ID (almost 25-28)

Now its becoming difficult to remember which text ID belongs which Department or which output.

Now as we know user do not know which text maintain for which output process. So to make user-friendly this text maintenance process. We are looking for the solution like, can we make text group. Under that we can find relevant text ID only. In stand of displaying all (25-28 Text ID), we can display text group under that user can find that relevant text Id only.

So many time similar name of text ID also create confusion to user.

Note: We can't make all text Mandatory to maintain. Billing we should not stop by giving error messages to maintain XYZ text for ABC process.

Hope my problem is making sense.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use userexit_move_field_to_tvcom_h to influence text determination in MV45AFZB at header level

Define different text procedures with ID´S you need for each one and in the userexit define the logic to determine the one you need. Field containing text procedure is TVCOM-TXTGN. As the help of an abaper to implement it.

Regards
JM

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

JM,

Thank you very much for your reply.

It means SAP doesn't think for Text Group. With functional configuration I can't achieve it. I have to go for the Technical help.

Let me check with your suggested solution for userexit. I will definitely come back to you. 

Thanks,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keyur,

Suppose the text procedure has 25 text IDs, by creating text group what is the goal?

Is the requirement to input text in text groups instead of text ids?

In text configuration, have only the relevant text IDs in the procedure. Thus there will not be "unnecessary" IDs assigned to the billing documents. And that will provide more clarity to the user.

I don't understand the benefit of text group completely but at this stage I think this (level) will add to more confusion.

TW