cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

template consolisation after SDA analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SolMan Gurus,

in order to complete our process documentation, we ran the SDA Analysis with RBPD Content using UPL data. Now we have the result( the projekt we created) but we still have following Problems:

how to easily consolidate the template we already have with the new projekt from the SDA Analysis? ( the structure is quite the same but some process name have been customized).

how to integrate the custom objects in the new projekt or in the template?

how is your experience with this Tools.

thank very much for your answer

Best regards

Felix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

You can directly create a new project based upon this result from rbpd.

in the new project you can rename the business process or step as convenience and can do sorting of processes or steps as per requirement

for custom development objects, transaction codes, BADI etc have to be mapped manually based upon each relevant business process.

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Felix,

I'm going to give you a few tips.

I assume you now have 2 projects, one from SDA/RBPD, and the one you created manually, before.

We will also assume that your main project will be the one created from SDA, since this is the one you will be able to update continuously (using SDA), and also since it will be the one where custom objects can easily be assigned.

To integrate the custom objects, you just have to be on the project created by RBPD (Solar01), Select the right process, go to the transaction tab, and then select "Edit > Assign objects from analysis". Select the analysis, the logical components and filters, and you will see a list of custom objects. You can add fields like related program and program description to help you assign the right ones. And you actually don't have to close the popup screen : you can change scenarios and keep assigning transactions.

To consolidate your previous project with the new one, I can only suggest you extract both structures using solar_project_admin option to create template files. Then, using excel and formulas, just combine your old project with the new one the way you want. You can then upload the new structure in solar_project_admin to update your RBPD project. (be careful though, I suggest you test this with a dummy project first to see how it works).

Just my 2 cents. 

Regards,

Roger