cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAMANAGER ping webservice consumer error: CM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a webservice consumer proxy class and have now configurated its logical port in SOAMANAGER.

When configuration is done, saved and logical port is activated a button appears where u can 'Ping Web Service'

I did that and get the errror:  SRT Framework exception: Service Ping ERROR: Error when calling SOAP runtime functions ICR error when receiving the response: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED.

The issue is that SOAMANAGER did not generate a HTTP RFC connection for the Logical Port on the ERP system i transaction SM59. Why is that missing?

Thank and best regards

Kim Brandt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

You can follow link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1948429

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Your SCN Thread link is not related to my specific issue regarding my missing HTTP RFC Connection for the created Logical Port.

Thanks Kim

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scriram

I dont have any issue regarding creating and configuring the webservice consumer. Actually I did it successfully on another system. But behind the scenes SAP is automatically creating an HTTP connrection for the webservice in question but unfortunately that is not done on my current sap system and therefore i get the Ping Webservice Error which is the same from SM59: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED.

Thanks kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOAMANAGER doesn't create a HTTP connection, instead it creates a ICF node under the Web Service runtime node srt. See transaction SICF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOAMANAGER do not create entries in SICF for Webservice consumers but providers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still, no HTTP destination is created in SM59. See SAP KBA 1825848 for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samuli

HTTP destinations in SM50 is no longer created as in earlier releases. Basis granted access to my external webservice provider system and then error ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED disappeared and response was captured.

Thanks Kim