Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCEL to SAP ECC Ztable via SAP PI

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario, where I need to pick the EXCEL file from the folder and process and insert to SAPECC Ztable via SAP PI.

Could someone help me with the best approach for doing the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Smit,

What is file extension? .xls or .xlsx.       xlsx is zip file of xml files.

Is it binary file or text file (html based excel or csv based excel)? Open the file with notepad, if you are able to read it, it is text file.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

To read Excel files in PI, we have the following options

Develop adapter module

SAPTechnical.COM - XI - Step-by-step guide to develop Adapter Module to read Excel file

or

You can go for XSLT mapping

or

Use java mapping

To update the data in to the tables in ECC, you can use either IDOC / RFC / Proxy communication.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or you can try ExcelTransformBean

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Smith, One of the other alternative is that you read the excel file and convert it into a file using custom module in sender communication channel and then send it to ECC using proxy. refer: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3622737 Thanks Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

You will not have access to insert the data into the database tables of ECC and moreover it is not the recommended approach to do so.If you need to insert you either need to do it using an RFC or a proxy from ECC End to which you transfer the data and further processed to tables.

Regrds,

Rajesh

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

My few cents..

1. You can pick the file from 3rd party using PI (using File/FTP/SFTP)

2. Place the Excel file in Al11 dir of your ECC system using Receiver File/FTP channel

3. Use the ABAP std FM (ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE) to read Excel and update the records in your Ztable as suggested below:

OR

4. I believe you can also achieve this using File to Proxy scenario (where your Receiver Proxy code in

ECC will upload the Z-table with the Excel file values.

Regards,

Azhar