Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous web service without response

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Suppose I want to send a data to a third party via web service but I don't expect to receive any response from the web service.

What is the requirement for this?

Service Consumer:

- use ABAP proxy to call the service interface in SAP PI. If we use RFC FM, will the FM still wait until it receives the response from the service provider? If yes, then probably it will end up with connection timeout if the service provider never sends any feedback. is this achievable if there's no TABLE or IMPORT parameter in the FM?

SAP PI:

- create a normal asynchronous interface with a SOAP receiver comm. channel

Service Provider:

- create a service provider but alter the logic not to return any response. Is there any platform that allow this?

There's someone who can do this successfully in here:

But if I'm not mistaken the service provider, which is a BAPI still sends the response back.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for the replies.

Ok, now I'd like to get a better understanding of why choosing Proxy over RFC. Please CMIIW,

In RFC the FM makes the call in the main thread, that means the main program will have to wait until the FM receives the response back than continue with the next steps. In this case, user might experience a loading screen when a delayed response occured.

In Proxy, when the outbound proxy is called, the transaction is transferred to XI system/framework, the main thread does not have to wait. Then when the response is sent back, PI will trigger the inbound proxy just like calling a callback function.

Is that true?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I prefer Proxies over RFCs because it uses qRFC and not tRFC. You have a better log and possibilities of balancing and assign weights in queues. tRFC hasn't this option.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please work around Proxy to soap... for ur case

Thanks,

Sreenivas

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Using asynch scenario and sending message through soap receiver adapter should be the best approach and  go for proxy at ECC end.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess second option is preferred , if you are using SAP PI.

SAP PI:

- create a normal asynchronous interface with a SOAP receiver comm. channel.

Thanks

Gaurav