Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted copy with time slice - issues and inconsistent system as a result

joachim_nerreter2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We try to use TDMS to create a testsystem with a reduced data set of the past. All customizing settings and data should be copied.

We are now facing some data inconsistencies, e.g. dumps due to COPA tables are not populated, Material ledger total tables not populated which prevents calling up MM03 for these materials, posting transactions and so on...

I'm new to TDMS. Can somebody explain how TDMS works usually to create a CONSISTENT data set and if there is a hint how to proceed to get a consistent test system?

Thanks

Exberliner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Exberliner,

TDMS does provide a consistent data and are successfully getting used by several customer.

Depending on your data distribution , you may need to adjust some parameter settings for more specific data requirement.

In general for your stated issues I would recommend below solutions -

1. We are now facing some data inconsistencies, e.g. dumps due to COPA tables are not populated.

Depending on your COPA settings, some additonal data may be required for consistency.

For this you should set the parameter P_AKTBO = 'X' using the troubleshooter for the activity

'Identification of Operating Concern-Related Data' in your next TDMS copies.

2. Material ledger total tables not populated which prevents calling up MM03 for these materials, posting transactions and so on...

To avoid such situations, you should avoid minimum MM postings during TDMS copy.

Alternately you may use a silent system as TDMS sender.

If you have any specific issue then you should open a message under the component CA-TDM-BUS-ERP.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Rajesh

joachim_nerreter2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rajesh!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please create an OSS message under the component CA-TDM-BUS-ERP so that our experts can have a clear understanding of the issues faced and provide you relevant solution.

Regards,

Farheen

joachim_nerreter2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farheen,

Yes, we will.

My questions was more a general one. I take it generally it is possible to create a system copy by TDMS with only say last 3-months transactions but in itself consistent?

E.g. ML some tables I mentioned above contain totals which MUST match the material master otherwise the material can't be used for any transaction. The transactional data is copied only partially but the total table should contain these.

Thanks

Exberliner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can transfer the last 3-months of data using TDMS migration requirement - Time-Based Reduction and also ensure full consistency.

In time-based scenarios, SAP TDMS considers the relationships among documents across several reference levels and, in some areas, even beyond the defined data slice date to include the related data in the transfer.

If you are running the Material Ledger solution, alert SAP Support by raising a message under the component CA-TDM-BUS.

Regards,

Farheen