cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync send step in a loop step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to query a database and based on the return value I will proceed to the next step. For this I have a 'sync send' step where I am finding if the count(*) is 0 or greater than 0. If it is only '0' then only I will proceed to the next step.

For this functionality I am using a loop step with in which I have this sync send step (querying the database). The control will come out of the loop only when the count is 0.

But, I found that the response message container is not loading. That is the reason why the loop condition is always coming out as 'true'.

I want to know if I can use the send step with in a loop in BPM.

Please let me know your solutions.

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the counter variable , initial value is 0 ,then the loop always true.

second thing is when you send the request for synchronously and the response message to receive step, is it correct,

if so why do you want to maintain the loop, are more messages sending the messages in seqencially /syncrounously .

I think you want to check the response interface value is it , check this correctly..

See the below links for Sync Send .

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

How to set up the counter variable in the loop? The send step I have in the loop is to query the database table to check the count(*) based in a condition. Whenever the value is 0, the loop should exit and BPM goes to next step.

Please suggest me around that. Right now, the loop is not functioning as per the condition and more over I don't think the container is loaded.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How to set up the counter variable in the loop - First declar Counter type String.

then this counter variable use in Loop properties.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu,

I have sync send step with in the loop. My loop condition is based on the response I am getting from this send step. Now, the problem is that the response container in the BPM is not filling. If I create a variable with in the loop how can I get the value fr

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u can use send step in a loop........

Check in sxmb_moni why ur response message container is empty..