cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Profile application changing modes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to have a button on my personal profile screen clicking which the mode of the application should change.That is, initially the application will have the read_only mode with parameter 'READ_ONLY_PROFILE_WITH_DETAILS' as 'X'. After clicking the button the applications hould change to edit mode with edit option available ie 'READ_ONLY_PROFILE_WITH_DETAILS = abap_false.

Please suggest if I can achieve it and how?

Thanks,

Shilpa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Locking and unlocking is default feature provided by SAP. Its works as expected.

Pernr lock in personal profile will lock happen some thing line in PA30.

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa

That is an interesting idea - there is a blog about setting this parameter dynamically for a different business purpose - maybe it can be adapted for your requirement ?

See

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2013/05/06/making-ess-personal-profi...

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

I have already check this link, but the issue is to have to button to switch the mode.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

I am not sure why do you want to add this additional layer, it looks simple sort of requirement  but you might have to do lot to achieve this. Better to use it as is or try some other alternate simple solutions like showing disclaimer/text message etc.

Regards,

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

I am not clear with what you are mentioning. I am ok to have any link/button which should navigate to another url which will display profile in editable mode.

Actually the requirement is when the user open the personal profile for the first time it should be in read only mode and pernr should not get locked.

when exclusively user clicks on the link/button, then the application should be available in editable mode resulting in pernr locking.

thanks,

SHilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

then what is the use?  why you want to make it as read only mode better  make it as editable only know .....and when you open employees data for updating any infotype in pa30 it will get automatically locked