cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Calender for PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have requirement to create and use Project specific calender, similar to Microsoft Projects. I can only think of creating factory calenders in SCAL for this purpose. Can you please let me know if there is a functionality to create project calenders which can used for projects?

Regards,
Paval.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Paval,

There are no separate calendars for PPM. You can use the same factory Calendars which you have defined in SCAL in ECC.

The PPM picks up the Calendar settings from ECC.

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

...if PPM & ECC are in the same box. Otherwise (different systems) you will have to maintain a separate calendar in the PPM box.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paval,

Not sure what the rationale for the requirement is, but you it maybe acceptable for your situation if you use a combination of factory calendars on your project. The project can have a calendar and you can override this calendar for specific phases or tasks. I've had similar requirements in the past for "project specific calendars" when the real requirement was for example - a project is run out of the US, so at the project level a US calendar is linked, but certain sets of tasks are executed in Europe and Asia and for those tasks the PM would use country specific calendars so the project can accurately calculate dates.

Hope that helps

Lashan