cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to Windows Server as <SID>ADM to run SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to run SUM however it says I must run it as SAP system administrator user <SID>ADM (i.e. DEVADM).  I'm not able to log into the server remotely as <SID>ADM.  Windows says the account or password is invalid.  I've reset the password and still get the same error.

Is this the correct approach? Log into the server as <SID>ADM?  Or should I be in as a normal administrator and run SUM as the <SID>ADM some other way?

Thank you in advance.

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the password for the <SID>adm user is correct then possibly it could be due to wrong domain. What does the event viewer log say?

Try this. Connect to the server with an Administrator user and create a batch file (Eg: sidadm.bat) with the content

runas /user:hostname\sidadm cmd.exe

Note: Replace hostname with the correct hostname and sidadm with the correct user.

Run the batch file (double click) and when it prompts for the user password enter the password for the sidadm user. If that works then follow the SUM guide to start the SUM tool.

The SUM guide says you need to "enter the command <DRIVE>:\<update directory>\STARTUP.BAT"

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Reagan!  The domain was the issue.  Just for reference the runas option from a batch file didn't seem to work.  The cmd window simply closed afterwards.  Event viewer showed a failed login.

Thank you again for the tip!

Regards,

Jerry

Answers (0)