cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail adapter content in HTML format is not coming in outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

am using a mail package in mail receiver channel and using java map, sending html content in mail package structure. The email to my gmail account is displaying the html content but not in outlook. Any idea what would be the reason outlook not showing html content even though I am receiving emails such as from, to and subject with no content

attached the email sample am receiving with empty content

and also attached the mail adapter setting as well

thx

mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Micheal,

Email can have html body. It should be properly displayed in outlook or any email client. Please check this blog (you can use Java mapping or XLST to get html output).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu. I used your reply to my previous question in the thread below as a reference to java map program. There is no attachment for me. I am using a java map to generate multi map messages in the mail package format to read multiple alerts and sending one alert per email using the multi map java. The content is html. All is working as expected except outlook not sending html content but gmail sending it. The screenshots attached to this question above are my settings to mail adapter and how it looks in outlook after receiving email. am I doing anything wrong?

thanks

mike

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Micheal,

Copy the email from outlook (Ctrl+C). Paste it on desktop (Ctrl+V). Open that email with notepad++. Do you see the html?

How to Edit an Outlook Received Message - Alliant Technology Group

Edit the email add table, save it. Again open it with notepad++. Check for the difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

There is nothing to copy and paste from email. I copied and pasted and nothing came up in desktop.

The email body is empty.

thx

mike

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to move Outlook files to desktop - YouTube

Send yourself an email with table. Compare email from PI and email you sent in notepad++.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Raghu. I dont have notepad++ and also don't have admin rights to install.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check deference in notepad. PI email. Your email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

not sure what you mean? I am not able to open the mails in notepad properly. its all gibberish characters when I open both with and without table. It's not comparable. Is there any parameter in mail adapter module or general settings am missing for outlook? is ther any other alternative to specify in the mail adapter configu?

thx

mike

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Sorry, my bad.

Status: Gmail is displaying the table in email, properly. Outlook is not displaying table.

I don't know the solution.

Try to send the empty email in outlook to Gmail, to check if Gmail can display that email, also properly.

Please paste the screenshot of email displayed using Gmail.

Attaching screenshot and text form of my sample email, for your reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great work Raghu. It helped to see what is wrong with the html formation and resolved. It was working fine with gmail for some reason. Not sure how. I had a CDATA wrapper for the string html content for avoiding the java parser to ignore any html char. For some reason, gmail worked fine and outlook wasn't. When I removed CDATA, both working fine. Outlook view source was having this CDATA also on the html which was preventing it from display but when I viewed in browser, it worked fine. Gmail as opposed to outlook opens in browser always and worked fine since start. I still don't know why outlook was using the content with CDATA wrapper passed or why PI passed to outlook with CDATA wrapper. It's very weird issue....and resolved with your help in view source /view browser

that resolved the issue..

thanks for all ur help

mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am not sure. I have a similar scenario but I do the mapping using XSLT and it looks like this:

Under modules I only have the standard mail module, no MessageTransformBean.

In the XSLT I am setting the content-type. It shows an HTML table in Outlook 2013.

Maybe it is an Outlook setting on your side since Gmail is showing it properly...

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone pls?

steve_coombes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Micheal

I found our Exchange server does all sorts of strange things to emails.

We can read messages in Outlook that were sent from PI so it should be possible. I have set the Content Encoding to 'None'.

Kind regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve/Peter,

I tried using content encoding to none but the same result in outlook. gmail is working fine still.

I can't use XSLT now because I am using JAVA map and multi mapping and XSLT won't support multimapping in my case to send email. That's why I had to use java map to generate the email in package structure and pass the content as html content by concatenating within java map ..

And that's why am using mail package instead of mail adapter configuration.

XSLT can be used when there is a case of no multi map and it is flexible to use mail adapter configuration also because of no email package usage there

thx

mike