cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to find list of all printers configured to a particular printer server. eg: MMNAWUE04

Environment: SAP servers are installed in UNIX and printer servers are in Windows.

Rgds,

Ernie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe it is as easy as this:

start SPAD, put cursor in input field "Destination Host" (which is the name of the remote Windows  PC acting as printserver for printers with access method U/S)

ENTER

Now you should get a list of all print servers used for printers in this SAP system.

For a given print server, you can put cursor on the line and use the "where used" icon which gives you the list of SPAD printers which use this printserver as destination host.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos

I received the same request and your tip was very useful.

Thank you!!!

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you checked Tx SPAD - Output Devices - Display?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried but it shows all o/p devices. how to track it down for a particular printer server.

Rgds,

Ernie

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe it is possible to extract the data from Tx SPAD by exporting them to an excel sheet. You can also use Tx SE16 and check the tables TSP03D and TSP03C for the field value PAMSSERVER.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was trying with the table TSP03D and giving input for printer host and destination host but it was not pulling any data. I will try with your suggestion and let you know what is the outcome.

Rgds,

Ernie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

I am sorry to ask, under which field we have to give this value PAMSSERVER in those tables. Pls guide me. Below are the avaiable fields in table TSP03D

output device:

short name:

locked:

no query:

copy as request:

storage loc

hostspoolcover

sap cover page

synchronization

monitor

location/status

server name

access method

host printer

print command

target host

port no

Rgds,

Ernie

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

PAMSSERVER is equal to "server name" in Tx SE16 table output so you can sort the values according to your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I gave the value as MMNAWUE04 under server name but nothing came.

Rgds,

Ernie

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is there an SAP system running on the host MMNAWUE04?

If yes the spool server will NOT be just the host name, it will contain hostname_<SID>_<Sys No>

Eg: MMNAWUE04_SID_00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP system is running under different host and the requirement for me is below

please check which all printers configured to use MMPNA02 printer server.

Rgds,

Ernie.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In that case you will need to list the output of all server under "server name" and match the one according to the correct server name.

I am sorry, I cannot offer anymore help than that. You need to poke around with these tables and Tx's to get the information you are looking for.

I would query the database table and find the information I am looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok thank you.

Rgds,

Ernie

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have not found the output devices. Follow below path

SPAD - Spool servers (Display) - Select server name - Where used list and select Output devices.

It will display all the output devices/printers assigned under that print server.

SE16 - TSP03D table

PAMSSERVER - print server

PAPROSNAME - printer.

However you can do this by poking around SPAD/table entries