cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Item Category Determination occurs for Item Category TAW (Value) and TAXT (Text) Item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have been reading the SAP SD Item Category in Sales Order and how it is passed (copied) to Delivery.

Here is my understanding (X means TICKED), if it is:

1. Normal Sales Order item

1.1 At Item Category:

1.1.1 Delivery Relevance = X.

1.1.2 Schedule Line Allowed = X

1.2. At Schedule Line Category:.

1.2.1 Delivery Relevance = " ".

2. Text or Value Sales Order item:

2.1 At Item Category:

2.1.1 Delivery Relevance = X.  So that it will be printed on the delivery doc.

2.1.2 Schedule Line Allowed = " "

2.2 At Schedule Line Category:.

2.2.1 Delivery Relevance = " ".

And Delivery Item Category Determination will come into place only if:

a. No (order) item category is specified (or can be transferred) for order-independent items in the delivery (for example, packing material),

b. For deliveries without reference to an order (delivery type LO), or

c. For inbound deliveries (for example, delivery type EL for a purchase order).

I am very sure my above understanding is correct until I read the following statement from SAP SD material:

" If order items are delivered, the item category that was previously defined using the order item is transferred to the delivery item as delivery item category. For delivery items that are dependent on the order type (Text and value item), you cannot transfer any item categories from the order. For this type of delivery items, delivery item category determination occurs in the delivery"

Question:

1. From the above italic quoted statement, how do we define/enter the Text and Value Item in Sales Order without using Item Category? My understanding for Sales Order Text Item is the one without material number and we will use Item Category TATX to signify it.

2. Does Text or Values Sales Order Item means those with Item Category TATX (Text Item) and TAW (Value Item)?

3. I happen to check the configuration of Item Category TAXT and it does have:

a. Delivery Relevance = X.

b. Schedule Line Allowed = " "

But in item category TAW, it even has tick at Schedule Line Allowed? How can it be?

a. Delivery Relevance = X.

b. Schedule Line Allowed = X

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Daimos,

As you know the item category in the sales order is determined by using the below search keys:

Sales document type + item category group from material master (sales org 2. tab page) + Usage + Higher level item category.

The item category which is determined in the sales order is copied on to delivery or the item category is redetermined in the delivery based on copy control settings.

Text items are the once which are provide free of charge along with the main material and which contain information about the main material.

Note: No material master record is required in standard SAP

To sell a text item all you need to do is enter a description in the sales order, system will automatically consider it as text item and determine item category as "TATX".

Since the item category is marked relevant for delivery it is added on to the delivery.

TATX: has relevant of delivery checked since schedule lines are not allowed for it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Naveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Let me summarize my questions to be simple:

I believe there is some typo in the questions that I posted in the first thread but I am not able to edit it.

Here are the rectified question:

1. Should it be INDEPENDENT or DEPENDENT?

"If order items are delivered, the item category that was previously defined using the order item is transferred to the delivery item. For delivery items that are dependent on the order type, you cannot transfer any item categories from the order. For the delivery items, item category determination occurs in the delivery."

Analytically speaking, this should be independent as delivery item that is not related to order type must have their delivery item categories determined via delivery item category determination, since there is nothing to copy from sales order item category.

2. Would anyone give me example of Value item in Sales Order?

Thanks

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Daimos,

As per my understanding your correct it should be independent.

I don't have much knowledge on Value item  for me to comment.

Regards,

Naveen K.

Answers (0)