Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call adapter in receiver idoc

former_member305064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a flat file to IDOC scenario. I'm facing a following error in integration engine.

My scenario steps:

I have 3 mappings.

1) To convert the flat file to XML structure

2)Mapping conditions in second step

3)XML to IDOC structure.

In third step in target side(IDOC side) i mapped the following fields SNDPOR,SNDPRT,SNDPRN,RCVPOR,RCVPRT,RCVPRN, with certain conditions. I tried with both successful failed messages. Both times i'm getting the same output in the IDOC output,But in the IE in that CALL ADAPTER step i'm getting the above error as shown in the image. In the receiver call adapter i configured as shown in the below image

What will be the reason for the failure of this message. In the above communication channel the 2nd,3rd and 4th check boxes what they mean...

As far as i understand take sender from payload means it takes the sender value from the source payload but how it'll take with out defining the path or will it take when the mapping step is over in the receiver side idoc. Please clarify this confusion.

I hope someone can answer this.......

Thanks in advance

satish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the following fields in the output idoc xml message which has been generated after the message mapping

1.RCVPRN

2.RCVPOR

3.RCVPRT

You have used the option to select receiver from payload but some how receiver information is not presemt in your output xml.

Thanks,

Indrajit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member305064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,,

good day...

Thanks for helping me on this . I just found that to some of the fields(RCVPRN,RCVPOR,RCVPRT) in the control segment i'm receiving empty values because of this message got failed .

Thanks & regards,

Satish.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Did you tried your scenario without checking the check boxes in adapter?

You are passing all the values from your mapping and you don't get these values from your payload.

So its should not throw any error.

Thanks

Anand

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally when you are mapping to an IDoc the control segemnt is not mandatory to map you can disable it , if you want to use it then in mapping pass constant valid values to filed like eg:-

RCVPOR = SAPD99

RCVPRN = XYZ(you partner profile)

RCVPRT

This values depends on to what ECC system you are sending the data.

Then when you check the checkbox apply control record from payload and take receiver from payload these fileds are validated.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

In IDoc thier will be control segment as EDI_DC40 ...whihc has all information like sender and receiver and partner profile etc..

As this data is coming from Flat File , so if you selecting option in Comm channel then make sure you pass values to this segemnt during mapping.

Br,

Manoj

former_member305064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I'm very happy that you gave reply to my doubt....but in the control segment(EDI_C40 segment) from which field the data is retrieved for the checkbox in the receiver comm channel(IDOC receiver ,take receiver from payload) and moreover the result of the output of the mapping is same for both successful and failed message. my doubt is what could be the reason for the failure of the message ,both the successful and failed message structure is same in the flat file. Does anyone face this kind of issues............

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thes error is not because of you flat file structure it because invalid or missing value in control segement.

Try disabling that segement and dont check any checkbox in comm channel.