Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation inflation area for non leading ledger -J1AI-

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to set a depreciation inflation area for local rules (non leading ledger) in order to run Ts code J1AI. I am working with new gl (leading-non leading ledgers), so I have the following scenario:

01-IFRS area - Ledger 0L- Indicador post 0

02- Local area Historical values - Ledger L1- Indicador post 3

03- Local area inflation values -Ledger L1- Indicator post 3

04- Difference local and IFRS -Ledger L1- Indicator post 6 ( difference between 01 and 02, 03)

I have doubts with the inflation depreciation area. Do you think the Ts J1AI is going to work with this indicador post and post only in ledger 03?

I usually set the inflation area with indicator posting '0', but in this case I am going to work with non leading ledger and derived depreciation areas.

Anyone works with inflation (J1AI) and non leading ledger?

Thanks,

Cecilia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone has my scenario? Only inflation for local área? Do you know if I can have any problem of creating the deltas in only one DA for example DA 04 (YY + XX -01)?

Thanks,

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

I think it could also work what you describe above. If revaluation is done only in Ledger L1 then it should be enough from what I understand. In this case you may not need area 03 since no revaluation takes place in ledger 0L. In this case and in general, the delta area 05 may not be necessary since you can integrate Ledger L1 revaluation area (YY) in the delta area 04.

The logic of the scenario can vary I suppose, depending whether revaluation only happens in Ledger L1, or only in Ledger 0L, or indeed in both ledgers.

So yes, for your requirements, where revaluation is only done in Ledger L1, it may be enough to create one delta area 04 and the scenario may look as follows: please test it out first:

GL indicator                            Ledger   

Area 01                            1                         0L
Area XX                           3                         L1
Area YY                           3                         L1  (Revaluation)

Area  04 (XX-01+YY)      6                         L1

I will review the Knowledge Base Article again and may make some adjustments to indicate that

the general logic as outlined in the KBA of course applies, but that depending on what ledgers are

involved for revaluation, the scenario can be adjusted to your needs.

Best is you test this in your system so that you can see the result.

I hope this helps further.

Best regards,

Brigitte

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

I have adjusted the KBA and included a variation of a ledger scenario with revaluation area involvement now:

Please have another look:

2121494 - Transaction OADB: Ledger Scenario in Asset Accounting with
Inflation/Revaluation Area

Best regards,

Brigitte

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

Meanwhile I have also created a Knowledge Base Article for this topic, please see therefore also:

KBA 2121494 - Transaction OADB: Ledger Scenario in Asset Accounting with Inflation/Revaluation Area

Best regards,

Brigitte

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brigitte,

Thanks for the information. I have a doubt about it. Why is the reason of creating DA 03 (revaluation ledger 0L) if I only have revaluation in ledger L1 DA XX? is it wrong to create only DA YY and then the 3 deltas consider in DA 04 (YY + XX - 01)?

Thanks.

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

Generally speaking, you should always use the Wizard in Customizing when introducing these scenarios. This will help the correct customizing and is expected to work.

The Setup for revaluation areas should be defined in analog in a ledger scenario, meaning it should be customized as shown in following example:

Dep. Area                          Posting to G/L         Ledger

Area 01 (e.g. HGB)           1                               0L

Area 03                             1                               0L (Revaluation)

Area XX (e.g.) IAS            3                               L1

Area YY                            3                               L1 (Revaluation)

Area 04 (XX-01) -Delta     6                               L1

Area 05 (YY-03) -Delta     6                               L1

I hope that this helps to clarify your question.

Best regards,

Brigitte