cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuing stock from Vendor Consignment to Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Greetings. I have a very unique requirement from my client (description below). I have gone through a lot of SCN posts, as well as SAP notes and community discussions. Have tried all the possible solutions recommended by different experts, but it did not work. I believe I am missing a link in either the configuration setting or the master data. Would be grateful for any suggestions and/or recommendations.

Business case: My client is an intermediary between the end customer and vendor. Customer initiates a free trial request for a machine which is configured and customized by the vendor. My client raises a sales order against customer for free trial, and a subsequent purchase order is raised against the vendor. Now the vendor delivers the machine to our warehouse, and it is installed at the customer site by us. The ownership still remains with the Vendor since the machine is in free trial period.

Requirement: My client needs to track the movement of machine beginning receiving into our warehouse till it is installed in customer site under free trial. Now they do not want to create any accounting document in the system, as the ownership lies with the vendor for the entire period of free trial.

Solution requested: To create a consignment Purchase Order against the vendor and receive the machine in consignment warehouse stock using movement type 101 K. Then create Sales Order and subsequent delivery which will be executed with movement type 601 K. While creating the transfer order against delivery, system should pick up the consignment stock against the vendor. The PGI will be executed with no a/c document and movement type 601 K.

Settings done: Stock determination rule has been created with priority given to consignment stock, new storage location, item category, storage type, storage sections has been configured for this scenario. Material master has been updated with the stock determination group.

Error: Special stock number is not updated while creating the transfer order. We are manually pushing the special stock number (vendor no) in debugging and will create an enhancement to incorporate the same. Even after populating the vendor number in TO, the vendor is not flowing into the delivery. Thereby while trying to execute the "post goods issue", the system is triggering an error "Enter a vendor for special stock K"

The enclosed file contains the settings done in the system. Would appreciate your response on the same. Also note that client will not agree for any other solution except one mentioned above (they will not use SD consignment process, which was suggested by me).

Regards,

Victor Dey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe a little late, but you could check the type of position of the sales document and check that it does not have special stock K, if you have it remove it and try again.

Rafael Escobar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate in helping the community but at the same time, please do respond only to latest discussions and not to a one which was created in 2015 thereby, you pushed such an old discussion to top of the space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Did you find any solution for your problem?

I am having the same issue with my Client but only on TO, not filling the special stock K and vendor.

Are you using WM strategy right? You assign the strategy to your movement on the application warehouse administration, correct?

Try again without assign the rule to the item category. I read a lot and that seems an issue but for  me that problem still remain on TO. After upgrade from 4.7 to ECC6 EP6, the rule designed stop working.

Could anyone please help?

I can´t find any Thread or SAP note regarding this issue, I searched a lot.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Catarina Flores Santos.