cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT setup with SQL Server as source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are looking to setup SLT with SQL Server as source and HANA as destination for a side car setup
Source SQL Server more than a 3 TB Database

A new File group created for all the SLT logging tables on the source SQL Server Database along with a data file corresponding to this filegroup

During the setup of SLT we are looking to specify this filegroup for the logging tables and the only possible option seems to be the *Data class of Tablespace* under the CREATE CONFIGURATION-->Data Transfer Settings

After setting the Filegroup of the source SQL Server under the *Data Class of Tablespace* we are able to start the SLT jobs but the logging tables do not get created on the SLT specific filegroup data file, instead they get created on the default filegroup data files

Has any one come across this before, any suggestions to make it work would be much appreicated

Note: I have already reviewed the SLT Installation guide and SAP notes referred in the guide, none of the them point to my question above especially when we have the source Database on SQL Server, so please do not indicate the same steps

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,
I checked with the colleagues responsible for the MS SQL shared library and learned that for MS SQL we do not have any option to control to what file group tables are assigned.
I'm sorry for that.
Kind regards,
Guenter Weber

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the confirmation

This is not very encouraging, we will have to figure out ways of moving these Logging tables to the specific filegroup in this case