SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management Roll in Inter Company Transaction

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

While posting an inter company transaction in auto generated line item system is not deriving any FM assignment like fund, fund center, commitment item. i have to provide it manually. what roll does FM assignment plays in this any way? i am confuse in understanding which commitment item needs to be provided here. like in recon accounts of vendor and  customer why do we need to provide commitment item? why don't we provide fund fund center in vendor customer line items? A little help please

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM assignment has to be granted to all postings, even if it does not have any functional role. Therefore, you have to define derivation rule for these lines, if you don't want to provide it manually. The same goes for reconciliation accounts: you have to defile special commitment items (60 financial transaction) and derive them accordingly.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for your valuable input in this. while posting system only asks for the commitment item only. system lets me post without specifying fund or fund center. is this ok? as far as i know fund fund center and commitment item gives you the complete track of your budget consumption. how do i develop derivation rule for inter company transactions? please guide me.

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System might ask first for CI and then for FC: both are necessary for posting, when FM is activated. There is nothing special about inter-company documents: I guess, you have some liaison accounts between the two. So, you have to define derivation rule for these accounts, deriving CI without budget check.

Regards,

Eli