cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are advantages of going to Change management in solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to implement change management in solution manager but we are not sure what are real advantages and what functionality is used, so that we can go ahead with the change management.

Anyone who implemented can let us know some important points.

Thanks,

Chander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to SAP Library Document for Solution Manager, Change Request Management offers you the following benefits:

· Increased maintenance and project efficiency

· Minimized costs for project management and IT

· Reduced risk of correction and project failure

· Shorter correction, implementation, and going-live phase

· Efficient maintenance of customer developments and implementations

Personally, I find the greatest benefit to be centralized management of change requests for connected SAP Systems from start to finish - you can create transports, move transports, test transports, and confirm test results all centrally. This versus management of each individual system landscape separately.

This is my 2 cents.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Specific Document with Lame examples so that i can prepare the document like benefits,changes,implementation consideration and mainly decision factor.

thanks,

chander

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if this will help but SAP provides its own presentation regarding what benefits CM can bring to your organization and how it functions. This presentation can be found at the following location.

<a href="http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager">http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager</a>

Goto Media Library --> Use Case Presentations --> SAP Solution Manager - Change Request Management

Regards,

Robert

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to Convince my superiors about going to Change Management through Solution Manager. Is there any example so that I can prepare document and present them

Thanks,

Chander

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANy one implemented>?

Chander