cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP WM6.2 on SMP3 SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the installation process, there is a step where I need to run "sh agentry-setup.sh" however there no such file in the MobilePlatform3 install folder. Any hints?

Cheers

Fouad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad,

While we sort this out internally, please go ahead and ignore step 9, 10, and 11 and report back if everything is OK. We will update you as well from our side.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Ali--

What is any details available regarding performing the step 13?

Cheers

F

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad,

Since this is now SMP 3.0 integration, now in order for you to access the server you need to specify the host of SMP server and the application name as shown in the example.

Let me know what other details you are looking for.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ali,

I noticed in the steps 8, I need to import the zip file in the Cockpit. The same zip file that is been created by the steps 1-6 however starting from 3.1.2 section, the documentation explain other optional config related to *.ini. Is that mean we need to unzip the SAPWorkMgr620Deployment-143161_7051.zip first then zip it once we edit the *.ini?

- I did not see step 7 in the wizard installation of the WM.

Cheers,

Fouad

nancy_burke
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Fouad, We are checking on this and will keep you posted as we await feedback from Product Support.  Thanks for your patience.

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Fouad,

Here is our response to your question regarding  step 8

1. The installer as you indicated will create a zip file with the parameters that got provided during the installation
  2. If you need to update or get information from the JavaBE.ini, Agentry.ini such as Time Zone, extract these files from the zip file and do the changes then put the files back into the zip file before deploying it to SMP server

If this answer your question, please mark this thread as answered.

Thank you!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nancy_burke
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Fouad,

What directory are you running this from exactly?

Go to the directory where the SMP server is installed
(example: root/SAP/MobilePlatform3/Server)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ali mentioned, in the install documentation of WM62, Guide step 10 request executing  "sh agentry-setup.sh" but there is no such file in the whole root/SAP/MobilePlatform3/*

Cheers

F

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad,

The issue is as follows:

1. WM 6.1 comes with a Linux installation.  So you for example if you download this from the service market place, you will find the Linux installation and you will find this file agentry-setup.sh

However WM 6.2 does not come with the Linux installation and hence the file does not exist. I am trying to find out what's happening. I will keep you posted.

Thank you

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

With WM 6.2 they bundled it all together into a single deployment.

I think this step should have been removed as with 6.2 you would just deploy the file directly to the SMP server.

--Bill

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We are checking on this and see if we need to update the guide. I will keep you posted.

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

OK this step in the WM 6.2 Guide step 10. I am looking at it. I will update you shortly.

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you share the link where you are reading this instructions from for the installation? Or is this the actual installer of SMP 3.0 on Linux during the installation an error occurred that the installer trying to execute sh agentry-setup.sh? Can you share the log or the error.