cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from the .NET Winform Application in other then defined format .

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using CR for Visual Studio and  having an issue with printing from CR to other then defined formats .. (Letter - > A3)

The report is shown correctly in print preview but shows larger margins when it is printed.

I found an article  KB 1563479 with suggestion to change a registry key to set DealWithMinimalMarginsWhenPrinting to 0.

i have added this key to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\DesignerOptions

and this change does not work for me when  i print from the viewer or using RAS object.

Is this only a solution to reduce margins? Does SAP intend on making the Registry change part of a future version?

I do not think our clients will be happy to make a registry changes on each machine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Not much info to go on but try this attached sample printer app using Copy API.

Rename the file from *.txt to *.zip and extract it.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Don. I still see big margins.

It perfectly worked in earlier versions: I tried to modify the registry but it reduced the right margin only,

the left was still big. Any other ideas?

Letter format:

11x17 format:

0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

Try adding that key to this path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports

Usual warning about editing the registry.

Then use ProcessMonitor from Microsoft to see if the key is being read in your app.

And search for CopyTo API and see if that helps you to set the margins.

So when Printing from RAS you are using PrintOutputController?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Don.

The key does not work . Yes, I am using PritnOutController.  I installed ProceesMonitor but I can not find Copy To API. What is interesting - not all formats have the same big margins. A3 has much smaller margins then 11x!7.  C format has perfect margins. Why it is so inconsistent? Why SAP made this change when it worked in earlier versions?  Does SAP intend on fixing this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another issue  I have is export to pdf .  Although the crystal report shows up the correct  page size when I export to pdf it defaults to  8.5x11 paper size. Is there any solution to export to selected paper size?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Crystal is hardware dependent meaning it uses your default printer when exporting.

This exact issue happens if you are using the XPS Printer as your default, it is not capable of printing landscape.

Try a different printer.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

My default printer supports 11x17 format and I have 'No printer' option selected on rpt.

Is not what you mean?

0 Kudos

Click on the Overview tab and you will find a link to the SDK references.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27465

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

I need to find an explanation why I have different margins on different layouts . Is there any solution to fix it without changing a registry? Users are not happy with this solution.

It worked before either I printed document from the viewer or using printoutController .

Now it does not in both cases.

Does Crystal officially support scaling to other then default format and what are the requirements?

Would you please point me out to any document SAP posted?

Thanks,

Oksana

Answers (0)