cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Delivery from EWM taking UOM conversion from Article Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are facing an issue in which split delivery from EWM is referring the UOM conversion from Material Master instead of PO/Original Delivery.

When Outbound Delivery is created with reference to STO , it takes UOM conversion from Material master , but when split delviery update comes from EWM it refers new conversion from Material master and in case its changed after STO creation it will create inconsistency.

for example  below delivery had conversion 1 CAR = 40 EA , afterwards it was changed to 1 CAR = 80 EA , now when in EWM it was PARTIAL processed split in ECC lead to update of open quantity for 0.250 CAR = 20 EA according to new UOM conversion , but if you check delivery it still says 1 CAR = 40 EA and it looks inconsistent.

In many cases update from EWM also causes ABAP dump due to inconsistent delivered quantity and Goods Issue quantity in STO.

In Retail Scenario its common they change the UOM  conversion of cases and cartons for some materials frequently.

Everything in Stock Transfer Order is referring original STO  Conversion except for Delivery notes which is referring Material Master new conversion.

Regards

Inder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Alex , but this is common for some articles in Retail scenario. so they have to.

Regards

Inderjit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inderjit,

I understand the scenario you are describing, and I agree it is commonplace in retail businesses, but I believe Alexander is giving you very good advice when he says you should not change UOMs when you have inventory and/or open orders.  The reason why is when you change conversion factors for a given UOM, the inventory is readjusted immediately, but the open orders still maintain the UOMs that were in place at the time of order creation.  This can lead so some real nightmares in trying to receive deliveries and/or pay invoices.  The best way to avoid those sort of issues is to transact in the base UOM EA.  When you do that, you protect yourself from UOM changes your customer and/or vendors make.

If you want to view inventory in Cases then I think Alexander once again gives you a good scheme for doing that: set up UOMs for each case count.  For example try something like:

• For a 20 count case use: 1 K20 <> 20 EA
  • For a 40 count case use: 1 K40 <> 40 EA
  • For an 80 count case use: 1 K80 <> 80 EA, etc.

With that scheme, if you have 100 EA in inventory then that will be 5 K20, 2.5 K40 and 1.25 K80.  Although these numbers might look funny, at least you can tell what you really have.  If you simply change the UOMs on the fly then you would see a single value for cases, but it could be different today than it was yesterday.  Not only is that very confusing, but it can cause some very messy issues.

I hope this helps.

Dave

0 Kudos

Hello!

I suppose that you must not change conversion while you have stock in warehouse. You should create a new UOM, for example K80 = 80EA.

BR, Alex