cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN_SETUP not invoking Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

We have a Solution Manager 7.1 installed. Initially on SP4 but upgraded to SP11. Since then something seems to have happened and cant get SOLMAN_SETUP to do what it is supposed to do and that is, open the process in a browser window. I can open a browser manually and enter the url and then it seems to work OK. But I dont think that is right. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any pointers as to where I could look to get it sorted?

When I test the service from SICF (ie. right-click on the service and select "test service" it does open the browser login screen.

Thanks and regards

Ray Phillips

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ray

I've experienced something similar at a customer but is has been already more than a year ago or something. My advice would be trace or debug through to see what happens.

In the case where I've witnessed it, building up the URL didn't work properly, there was a code issue and I adjusted the code at that moment to fix it but I haven't seen any SAP note on that specific issue (neither have I searched for it afterwards in all honesty).

Best regards

Tom

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you activated the services in SICF ?

Have you check ICM and http setting ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The service is active in SICF. Not sure which ICM and http settings though. In rz10 I have icm/server_port_0 set to PROT=HTTP,PORT=8000,TIMEOUT=6000,PROCTIMEOUT=6000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably not related to your problem but the values of TIMEOUT and PROCTIMEOUT can't be equal, see the documentation for details. Regarding your problem, transaction SE93 calls method START_SIMPLE_SETUP_CONF of ABAP class CL_SISE_APPL_EXECUTION. I would start debugging there.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ray

Could you check this SAP KBA & implement the correction

2002333 - SOLMAN_SETUP fails due to the error "Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible" afte...

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SS but that note refers to 1972327 which is already completely implemented in the system.

Regards

Ray Phillips