cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal activities & service activity elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to map a scenario using internal activities and service activity elements. I am facing a little issue as-

I have defined one internal activity under which i have defined 10 service activity elements with services data in them. I want to have plan cost data to flow from service activity element to the internal activity so that i can distribute it period wise. Currently this is not happening; i am unable to distribute data as the cost plan data is not coming on internal activity.

Any suggestions how i can achieve this.

Thanks,

Harsh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

both activity and it's activity elements are independant costs object from costs point of view. Both can have costs booked. There should be some  reports to show the costs aggregated way. But it is only the 'Display', in fact the costs are stored in different object.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

The activity element cost doesn't gets summarized at the activity level. You can see this cost in hierarchical reports though, wherein it will get rolled up to the superior activity and WBS...

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar

siddheshwar_pise
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi harsh,

Terence is correct, ideally no cost is booked or captured on internal activities...but still you can play with control key settings which is defined for internal activity and external or service activity independantly.

Regards,

Sid

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I dont think internal activities will accumulate the cost of activity elements.

I too had a problem to generate PR at activity element level not on activity level, since i plan all the activities under element.

When we create a external activity it will generate PR and when we create External activity element system will again create PR for the same.

In reality, you can have multiple activities under a single activity for major works. But all works independently on cost. Only on reporting you can get at activity level.

Regards

Terence

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check the activity parameter is cost box is marked or not.

if not then mark that then check plan cost will come as you expecting.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes cost check box is ticked. still cost is not rolling up to internal activities.

Thanks,

Harsh.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check whether work center & activity type are mentioned in internal activity and any hours is there to populated some cost for internal activity

Regards,
Sanjeev