cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted to know SP level before downloading the software ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need a small confirmation on SP level of EHP5 ERP 6 NW 702, I wanted to know the current available software download contains which support pack level.I have tried in PAM but no clue in that. Could you please guide me how to check the support pack level of this before downloading it.

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

PAM will show you only the product with OS and DB information.

For SP stack related information you can check the https://service.sap.com/sp-stacks link. Additionally when you create a stack file using MOPZ you will be able to select the stack level there as well.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Yes you are correct, but I'm going to do new installation.

For example, I wanted to confirm my customer that I'm going to build SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 5 NW 702.

But, here I could not able to tell them which support pack level will come with the default software download. I can confirm them ones building the system, but, for giving quotation to client I wanted to know it before implementing it ?

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Benjamin, Exactly I'm looking for the same. Now I'm going to build IDES Version with Oracle Database. Can you please guide me how to get that.

Regards,

Praneeth

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The procedure is the same for ERP 6.0 EHP5 installation. You should first read the SAP note 1601314 - IDES ERP 6.0 incl. EHP5 and the attached files in the note to know more about the requirements and information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You so much Benjamin.

I got in the attachments about the SP level. SP level is 06.

But, here we have one more problem with the Software which has SP 06.

We are getting hierarchical functionality dumps if we install with this level.

I don't know why SAP is not upgrading it to higher level for example to 08, at least which can avoid this dumps further. 

Regards,

Praneeth

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe both KBAs are general and nothing wrong. Anyone who reads this thread now knows where to look at for NW and ECC installation SP level. 

Thanks for your advice(:P)

PERIOD.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

You can check from system status to check individual levels.

For net weaver level, for a vanilla system, goto SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA and check the level.'.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I didn't build the instance. I wanted to build it and before building, I would like to know the SP levels of the downloading Software dump from SMP.

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

He is installing an ERP system which is part if SAP BS and the one you are suggesting is not providing the information for ERP installations.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have given him both KBAs for NW and ECC.

These are general KBAs which every reading should be aware of.

Thanks

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some advice, take time to read what the question is. The note for NW installation has got nothing to do with the ERP installation. If you look at the time stamp of my reply and the one you made gives more clarity. instead of providing endless replies take time to read and then provide a valid reply (if possible)

Cheers

RB