cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for idempotent enterprise services in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use enterprise service ECC_GOODSMOVEMENTCRTRC1 / GoodsMovementERPCreateRequestConfirmation_In_V1 within a nonSAP application to post GoodsMovements at an ECC system.

http://es-workplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F1...

The service works and I can do all movement types I want.

Now I want to have idempotency activated at the ECC system.

But nobody of the ECC guys knows, what has to be done for this.

What transaction has to be used?

Is there a default value for the time frame for which the system keeps responses for already processed service calls?

If not, I would propose 100 days, because this is the worst case, the nonSAP application could send a message again.

Are 100 days to large for the idempotency time frame of an ECC system?

Regards

Roland

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I have got readonly permission for transaction SPRO at the ECC system.

The path to the idempotency settings is:

SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> Cross-Application Components -> Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications -> Enterprise Services -> General Settings for Enterprise Services -> Define Settings for Idempotent Services

Permission for transaction WSIDPADMIN is required to execute the activity "Define Settings for Idempotent Services". I don't have this.

But there is a good explanation in SPRO what has to be done in "Define Settings for Idempotent Services"

Define Settings for Idempotent Services

Use

Enterprise Services for which you need to ensure that every service call is executed precisely once are called idempotent services.

You use this IMG activity to define how long the system keeps stored response messages or details about query messages (the message IDs) for which responses have already been sent for synchronous Enterprise Services. You have to define this for each client in which you wish to use synchronous Enterprise Services.

In order not to burden the database by storing the response messages or message IDs unnecessarily long, the system schedules two background jobs to regularly delete stored response messages and message IDs:

• SAP_BC_IDP_WS_SWITCH_BD for response messages
  • SAP_BC_IDP_WS_SWITCH_BDID for message IDs

The system uses table pairs to ensure that the response message or the ID of the answered query message is deleted as soon as possible once the set retention period has expired:

• One table pair for each client for the response messages
  • One table pair for each client for the message IDs that have been stored

The two tables of a table pair are entered alternately. When switching from the first table to the second, the data in the first table is retained and that in the second table is deleted before the system generates new entries.

You decide how ofter the system switches back and forth between the tables of a table pair. The result is the minimum retention period for the stored data.

Requirements

This function is available to you as of SAP NetWeaver 2004s SP09 and ECC SE 600 SP03.

Activities

1. In the Document section, define the minimum retention period for the response messages. You do this by specifying how often you want the system to switch between the two tables.

2. In the Document ID section define the minimum retention period for the message IDs. You do this by specifying how often you want the system to switch between the two tables.

SAP recommends you define a longer retention period for the message IDs than for the response messages. Bear in mind that a repeated query message leads to an error if the corresponding response message has already been deleted but the message ID is still available.
  3. To save what you have defined, choose Schedule.
  4. Repeat steps 1 to 4 for all clients in which you wish to use Enterprise Services.

Example

You have defined the time for switching between the two tables in which the response messages are stored as two hours. This means that the response messages are kept for at least two hours but for no more than four hours.

You have defined the time for switching between the two tables in which the message IDs are stored as one day. This means that the message IDs are kept for at least one day but for no more than two days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The idempotency settings for enterprise services are done at our ECC system.

After the time periods for the two background job were set and the jobs were scheduled, the GoodsMovement-Service, mentioned above, accepted an UUID/GUID in the request.

And if same request with same GUID is sent several times, the ECC system responds always with same response message and same GoodsMovementID.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it transaction SPRO?

I don't have permission for SPRO in the ECC system.

Is there a path

SAP Reference IMG -> Cross-Application Components -> Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications -> Enterprise Services -> Define Settings for Idempotent Services ?

Is there a "time frame" setting? If yes, is there a default value?

Are there any other settings for idempotency?

Regards

Roland