Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas - Production Configuration Settings

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a production environment with multiple application servers and a load balancer which acts as a point of HTTP entry.

For non production systems, there was a single application server and the server host name was entered in the Personas configuration (i.e. SPRO -> Cross-Application Components -> SAP Screen Personas -> Maintain Systems). This worked well and we could access the flavours.

Now, that we are setting up the production system, I could not find any documentation on the configuration settings for multiple application servers and with a load balancer in front.

We entered the load balancer url in the above mentioned config path, but the flavours are not accessible (because the path then resolves to the host name of any application server).

What is the correct way to setup this configuration?

I am not certain if multiple app servers can/should be configured in the path above or provide the load balancer url along with some other configuration setting.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yuki_wang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

Load balancing is a system wide capability and not specific to any service. And with Personas,
when we define System.Url and Service.Uri, it tries to reach the restgui service.

You can first test whether the following services are reachable or not using your virtual IP.

1. restgui :
   http(s)://<host:port>/sap/restgui/newsession?sap-client=XXX
   Do you get a session id in response?

2. WEBGUI:
   http(s)://< host:port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

Best regards,
Yuki

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yuki,

Thank you for your response. Yes, the services are working fine. I was looking for pointers as to how to maintain the customization settings for Personas for a production environment.

I got the answer, basically, you maintain the load balancer url at the following two places,

1. SPRO->Maintain Systems:
    Server.Url = Load Balancer url.
  2. SPRO->Maintain Personas Global Settings:

SAP Web Dispatcher Url = Load Balancer url.

Of course the clientaccesspolicy.xml and crossdomain.xml need to be created and configured on all the application servers which the load balancer url will redirect to.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Answers (0)