cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing datasource from dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml to something else

Former Member
0 Kudos

The notes and docs all say that once you have chosen the UME datasource dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml, it cannot be changed. Is this a hard rule, or are there any workarounds?

We would like to use the dataSourceConfiguration_re.xml file instead because we want the ability to create UME users in the UME store, as well as read in users from the ABAP data store. As far as I know the dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml doesn't allow this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We are on NW04s SP11.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check OSS note 718383. In this note the details are clearly mentioned about chaning dataSource configuration from one to another.

Thanks

R.Murali

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are obviously referring to AS ABAP, so I'm moving this thread to the NetWeaver AS, General forum where chances of getting an answer are higher.

Greetings,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's technically both AS ABAP and AS JAVA. But I think it's more java, because it deals with UME config. please move it back to that forum.

sascha_tubbesing
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is officially not supported to change the data source after you have choosen abap.

Especially for an ABAP+Java XI system it is really needed this way.

Of course you could try canging the data source, but very strange things may happen. And you will get no support from SAP for this...

Regards,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can change. Go to configtool in configuration editor tool and move to cluster data->server->persistent->com.sap.security.core.ume.service. and then click on the file you want. You get the option to download. Do so and then make the necessary changes and then upload it back.

restart the cluster and it will help you .

revert back with queries and also reward with points.

sascha_tubbesing
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

please be very careful when you do the things Mantosh said!

Follow the note mentioned above!

Changes on the configuration files are not supported officially, you need to do it on a project. Contact SAP if you want to do changes on the datasource configuration xml!

Regards,

Sascha