cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Files in Receiver FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have seven outbound scenarios, all frm Proxy to FTP.

I have to archive files in all seven outbound scenarios.

How do I archive Files in single stack PI on target side?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My few cents:

1. Have two interface determinations and two receiver agreements with a new receiver file channel with the Archive Dir path in it.

2. 3rd Party system to run a script / cmd to archive the file from their end.

3. use a command like this in the file adapter : Run Operating System Command After Msg Processing

cp /xxx/yyyy/targetdir/<filenamescheme> /xxx/yyyy/targetdir/archive/<filenamescheme>

Refer:

Regards,

Azhar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

in ID you have to create another Business Service only for archiving files (like BS_XXX_archive).

Then you have to create 2 receiver agreement (one for each BS), 2 interface determination (one for each BS) and 2 communication channels (one in BS_XXX_archive).

Then in receiver determination in "Configured Receivers" you populate 2 lines, one for each BS,

In configuration overview now you'll see the 2 interfaces.

BR

Fabio

p.s.= obviously this is not really archiving, but creating 2 identical files.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Radhika,

When file is archived?

When a program process that file. Example: PI File/FTP sender channel archives file after picking it. As you know, there is no archive option in receiver File/FTP channel. It is target system responsibility to archive file, after it process the file content.

If PI has to place file in two directories of target system (it is not archiving, placing file in two directories). Please split message in receiver determination into two messages. Use Dynamic folder to reuse second FTP receiver channel.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

The solutions provided to you are obviously innovative but as suggested by Gaurav should be taken into consideration. We should keep things simple so its better to ask the FTP provided to run some script and archive the files at a different location from target directory.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Radhika ,

Please first consult with the FTP Provider. They might be having some archive functionality on their side which might be helpful.

Thanks

Gaurav

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rahika,

From my point of view the first point suggested by