Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello QM Superiors,

I have some queries regarding QM procedures,

For inspecting material with material specification, we need to perform these transaction:

MM01, QS21, QS61, QA01, QA32.. is the sequence is right..?

If the sequence is right, then what is the use of QS41 and QS51 in material specification.

Please clear my doubt and elaborate the same. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either go for MM01 or QS21 in any sequence, that doesn't matter actually. However, you then go to QS61 followed by QA01 and QA32. That's correct !!

Above settings will make you able to maintain QM master data, creation of inspection lot, recording the results, but you'd finally need to close the inspection lot by giving usage decision i.e UD.

So to do the UD, you'd need QS41 and QS51. You first create the UD code (or use the standard ones) from QS41 (catalog type 3) and then make selected sets using QS51. You also assign this selected set to the relevant inspection type in the configuration settings.

I hope this helps in understanding !

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your valuable answer, I have one more query

If the materials are handles in batches (incoming, in-process and finished), the above suggestion is applicable..?

What is the use of CT04 and CL02 and how to manage it..?

Please help for the same.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is. You would need Usage decision to be done to close an inspection lot and it applies to incoming, in process, final, return ....all inspections.

CT04 and CL02 are to create Characteristic and Class respectively. You first create characteristics and then assign them to corresponding class. Later, you assign this class to material.

More information over this is widely available over internet and SCN as well. Run a search, find, read, do testing and you'll understand how all this works.

ntn

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Just to add on a few more points to Nitin's correct feedback.

I believe if you are using material specification, you do not need material class 001 to be added in your materials. Someone please correct my understanding here!!

Transaction CT04 is related to creating "Characteristic" which you may add to the 'Class' using CL02. You can select the class type like 001 (material class), 022 (Batch - plant level), 023 (batch - client level), etc.

Batch (Tx MSC1N/MSC2N/MSC3N) is to facilitate grouping similar set of unit products. They are supposed to have similar property across the batch. Batch may or may not be classification managed, that too depends on business requirements. In case if you have your material 'Batch" managed and also you have created a CLASS (Type 022 or 023) and added to material's classification view, then finally during batch creation the classification will be extended automatically.

Then finally comes the result recording and linking it with the characteristic. You need to add characteristic in your MIC and then do the result recording and "Close" the value. Also need to take care of the prerequisite in "Plant level QM setting" for inspection lot completion. Then the results recorded will be passed on to your batch classification.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)