cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Index not working - Screen Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

The order I put in my tab index propeties does not work. I don1t know what to do to fix it. I already tried to group and ungroup witthout success.

Any idea??

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Make sure you keep tabindex value to 0 for all the fields and test it. It will travel through all fields as you expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaganesh,

Can you please tell me from where can I set the tabindex value to zero.

--

Regards

Saurabha J

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

select the text field, in the properties window there is a row called tabindex , change the value to 0.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

More details about the problem at hand would be helpful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

I have 5 fields in my screen (3 combo box and 2 text fields). In the first field (combo box) I set the tabIndex as 0, for the second field (text) I set 1, the third (combo box) = 2, the next (text) = 3 and the last (combo box) = 4.

Now imagine the focus on the first field (number 0) and when I press TAB, it doesn't go to the next (number 1), it jumps to the third (number 2).

That's help?

Thanks Tamas

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I just tried what you described and the tab index works as expected. If I change the indexes around, the cursor faithfully follows the index.

I used all custom fields. If your scenario uses standard transaction fields, perhaps there is something about the screen structure resulting in the different behavior.

Which transaction, screen and fields are involved in your use case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tamas,

The transaction is ME21N, all fields that I use in script are created. I just have the field and button transaction as standard.

I attached an image, hope it helps.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you press Tab a second time, where does the focus go?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

It jumps to the 4º field.

I attached an image to help.

Thanks a lot.

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I am using Screen Personas 3.0, where do we get the tab index ? I double clicked on a field it only shows the description, where should I go to change the tab index of all the input fields on my screen. So that I can arrange the tab index, in the order I have placed the fields.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Tab index works within the container. So you need to check if all the controls which you are setting tab index are on same container (eg: all controls on UserArea without any sub container like scrollable container). It is possible that some of your input fields are inside a scrollable container.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

The tab depends on how the elements you created. i.e in which order you inserted the elements in your UI.

I have come across this and the only solution I found was to create the elements in proper order, so they get tab indexed properly.

--

Regards

SAurabha J