cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi PP Experts, Auto reservation pp

0 Kudos

My Requirement is to restrict the auto creation of reservation while production order creation. while converting the planned order to prod order or creating a prod order system automatically creates a resrvation number which I am unable to control by OPL8 settings.

Please suggest how to restrict auto reservation creation while creating order and only to create reservation at the time of release.

Thanks

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I believe it is not possible.

Reason:

If the reservation is not there the availability check will be a total mess.System will confirm the material as available though there are not available stock. The concept of reservation is to propose the correct qty as available.

Hence you can play around with availability check but not with reservation I think

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

Before you embark on this journey, think about how planning will work.

For the header material, MRP will from time to time create a planned order.  MRP will also explode demand to the component parts as dependent demand.  So far, so good.  The component parts are also planned.

Now, you convert the Planned order to a Production order.  You use your new process to ensure that there is no reservation.  The component demand that existed before 'disappears'.  MRP will not create any supply elements for the component parts to cover this requirement.  The component parts are re-planned so as to ignore this requirement.

Now, you release the Production order.  The demand for the component (the reservation) magically reappears.  There may or may not be enough time to build/buy component parts.  In any case, your component part planning will become unstable, with proposals constantly moving in and out.  In my experience, manufacturing and purchasing people are unlikely to be happy with this arrangement.

Expert has also raised some significant issues with ATP, which is not directly related to planning.  I really think you need to ensure to yourself that this non-standard business process will satisfy your business requirements.

If you elect to proceed, I believe it will require an enhancement of some kind.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case you can create the production order when you want to release for mass processing and reservation can be excluded from stock consideration in ATP.

0 Kudos

Hi Ananta ,

thanks for your time, but as per your suggetion it will be excluded from available stock but my requirement is that when we create a production order a reservation is created automatically which we dont need . The requirement is the system should create the reservation only after the production order release . its not about how to consider the stock by ATP.

Thanks

Saurabh

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make the following setting as 2 It will work ...it will create reservation when you release the order ...

Thanks

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar ,

After setting it to 2 also not working and the reservation is creating.

Thanks