cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table replication is very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts

We started Seeing some performance issues while replicating table from our ECC to HANA using SLT. The logging table shows 28 M records, but when I check the table in HANA, its loading 5K records every few seconds. I checked the Latency for this table in LTR and see that Latency Max is "3 days". So the Logging table has records from the past three days.

I ran the stats on ECC system and still of no use. So how do I check where the problem is. Can we increase the Packet size. How do we check the Performance of this load.  Also is there a place where I can check how many records being loaded to HANA.  I did the Table health check from Expert Function and it seems to be fine.

I have total of 21 WP and out of which 10 are defined for the data loads.

Mahesh Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue has identified and it was causing because of an Index used by the Logging table in the SQL Code. We had to reoorg and Index and table loading is going much faster.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why did you have to do special re-org and indexing?

I can also see that the dataload for the delta is a little slow.

Thanks

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Try to improve your initial load.

Check anything missed below.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivasan

The initial load is completed. The issue is with the regular replication as it is taking long time. I chked the latency Max (24 Hours ) and its 6 days. I still have 22,912,149 records that are supposed to be loaded to the HANA DB. They are replicating very slowly. There are enough free resources on both the SLT and ECC system. We have defined 10 Data transfer Jobs.

FYI -- this is happening only for one table and not for all the tables.

Mahesh Shetty