cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to charge convenience fee per invoice as line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Looking for any pointers on how to add a line item at the time of invoice creation if i want to charge a convenience fees to pre selected customers. The fees should come as a line item in invoice. Really appreciate your help and support....

regards,

Vipul Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

I suggest to go for new item condition type and enter manually while creating the billing document.

for this you can maintain condition records to specific customers and activate this condition type in pricing procedure.

while  creating the billing maintain the convenience fee to that condition type at item level.

Hope this will helpful...

Thanks,

Anil.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW Typewriter,

Actually we need to charge credit card convenience fees to every invoice paid by certain customers. Thus, charging ar sales order might be like if i have more than one sales order in invoice or more than one invoice per sales order i might run into trouble.... thanks for helping out in advance...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vipul,

Thanks for the business scenario!

As santosh already suggested, have a surcharge pricing condition type : Credit card charges, fixed value and at header level of the billing document. This way this charge will populate automatically in the bill for the criteria you want (select customers).

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vipul,

The convenience charge should populate in both the order and the bill. Why does your client want to have it only in the billing document (and not in the sales order)?

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option is you can have a manual condition type for the combination of customer so that you can manually insert the value in biling if required.  The other option is create a material as Convenience fees and for whichever customer you want, it material can be added

G. Lakshmipathi

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmiji,

Will it be possible to have this convenience fee material to be added at invoice level only..?

Regards

Jobi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

Is there any specific reason why you need to add a specific line item instead of condition type ?

thanks

santosh