cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import error when migrating from one PI instance to another PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As part of migration of from 7.1 dual to 7.4 dual, i have exported ESR and ID objects for one interface thru File transport (tpz) file from 7.1
When I tried to import the tpz file into 7.4 there is an error coming in ID as below:
Attempt to access the 1 requested objects on 1 failed. Detailed information: com.sap.aii.ib.core.roa.RoaObjectAccessException: Attempt to read object Adapter Metadata SOAP | http://sap.com/xi/XI/System, type AdapterMetaData from application REPOSITORY on system REPOSITORY failed. Object does not exist. Detailed informatio n: Software component version with name SAP BASIS 7.11 not found See error logs for details
Can any one provide some inputs on this?
Thanks,
Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh Dasika,

I do have the very similar requirement. Do you have any migration cookbook/runbook?

For my client we are migrating from PI 7.0 to 7.4 (Dual stack).

Regards,

Aarti

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I have faced the same problem. You can resolve it by using Migration tool. Channel Migration.

Select the channel and change the adapter type to 7.4 in channel attributes in the migration tool and save and then migrate.

(*Note: This activity needs the roles SAP_XI_API_DISPLAY_J2EE, SAP_XI_API_DEVELOP_J2EE)

Refer to the link : Migration and Mass Change of Communication Channels - Integration Directory - SAP Library

Hope this helps.

--

Sendhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs.

Migraiton here is from dual stack to dual stack and we do not want to change/edit any configuration scenario objects as per client requirement. classical configuration scenario from old system has to be moved as it is to new system without any change.

In this case, can I still use the migraiton tool? Will it support dual stack to dual migraiton also?

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it will work for dual stack to dual stack also.

Go ahead, All the best.

Regards,

Dipen.

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Yes, the channel migration part is independent of Single or dual stack, it will create the copy of the channel with change in properties in the target system.

--

Sendhil

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Hareesh Gampa, Using Migration Tool is a better approach.

You should try it once for any dummy scenario.

Regards,

Dipen.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All your channels are configured to use metadata from ESR swcv SAP BASIS 7.11.

So first import the SAP BASIS 7.11 swcv from your old PI ESR to new system then you should be able to import the configuration objects.

once you import the configuration objects, you can manually adjust communication channels to use 7.4 metadata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the new SAP PI 7.4 dual stack, SAP BASIS 7.4 is avaiable. So do we need to import SAP BASIS 7.11 SWCV?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that but the objects that you're trying to import were created based on 7.11 metadata.

So when you import it looks for the same meta data in the new system.

As i said,

• import 7.11 Basis SWCV into new system
  • then import your configuration objects
  • modify your communications to use new metadata.(re select the adapter type which belong to 7.4 version)
  • After modifying all your channels, you can delete the old 7.11 SWCV

btw any reason for not utilizing migration tool ?