cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Copy' Planning Function with row selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

I'm using a 'copy' Planning Function in combination with the 'select row' functionality in an integrated planning web template. Users should be able to select one or several rows and overwrite the forecast with calculated forecast figures by hitting a button. Example:

Customer x / product y calculated forecast for January 2016:      100

Customer x / product y current forecast for January 2016:           150

Result after hitting the button:

Customer x / product y current forecast for January 2016:           100

So far, this is working perfectly by using the selection binding / web item selection functionality. The problem is, however, that ALL data will be overwritten if no row is selected. To prevent that from happening I created a script and added a pop-up menu where you have to hit the ok button in order to proceed. Unfortunately, it is not checking if a row has been selected.

My question is:

How can I add a check to the script item that works the following way:

a) If one or several rows are selected proceed without pop-up menu

b) If no row is selected do nothing or show a pop-up menu that tells you to select a row

If possible, I'd rather go with the already implemented solution if there is a way to perform a check.

Thank you in advance,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

your question should have been asked here:

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/business-planning/content

for your problem - you need to define the variables that are handed over to the function as mandatory.

If no row is sleected, the variable value will be empty and the system will throw a pop up asking for the values.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia

Thanks for the answer. Although the topic is clearly related to the business planning I decided that the problem / the solution would be found in script programming.

I'm using the EXEC_PLANNING_FUNCTION command. Can you tell me where to define the variables as mandatory?

Thank you,

Christian

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but since in this forum there will be usually only reporting people, who do not use any plannign function, you will not get a lot of help here...

I do not use the exec_planning_function. Do you hand over any variables there or do you use the web item selection as a filter?

I always use planning sequences. There I do have a filter and there I use the variables.

Change or creation of variable can be done einter in the plannign modeler when working on the filter or in queries.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use the web item selection as data binding method.

I tried to use a planning sequence instead of a planning method but it ignores the web item selection and shows a pop-up with the mandatory characteristics (as defined in the planning modeler's filter) in any case.

I think it might work with a script item check (check via web item selection if one of the variable is filled) but I'm not experienced with Java programming. Can anyone help me here?

Tthanks for your suggestion Cornelia, it is indeed helpful.

Regards,

Christian

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

there is probabl just something missing in your data binding.

you need to do a binding for each of the variables.

post a scrennshot of your binding so that we can see what is missing.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia

You are right: I checked the settings again and realized that I have to replace the 'Variable' 0COMP_CODE in the example below by the variable used in the filter of the planning modeler:

It works the following way: If you don't select a row a pop-up will appear that prompt for values. In order to have multiple rows selected and changed you need to create a variable that can process several single values.

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend!

Christian

Answers (0)