cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments / Default folder shown when clicking Browse

Former Member
0 Kudos

When clicking the Browse button to add an attachment to a document in SAP B1, my users are experiencing differing behavior.

One user's system always opens to the SAP B1_SHR\Attachments folder, (where SAP copes to and stores the attachments). This behavior is not ideal, as the the files we want to attach are never located in this folder.

Another user's system opens to the folder where the last attachment was selected from. In this case, the Scan folder where his scanned documents are dumped.  This behavior is ideal.

Another user's system used to open to the folder where the last attachment was selected from, but now only opens to the B1_SHR\Attachments folder.

All three systems are Windows 7 running 9.0.

What controls this behavior? What is the expected behavior when the browse button is clicked? And most importantly, how can these systems be configured to always browse to the folder where the last attachment was opened from?

Zach

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vux8274n2vfokwu/Screenshot%202015-01-15%2010.04.20.png?dl=1

0 Kudos

Hello!

Someone fix this?

I think its windows problem, but i dont have idea how i can change default location.

But, when clicking "save as" i have last used location.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Hi all.

I have the same issue; I have tested SAP solution from the mention note above : SAP Note 1126796 - Attachment Paths in General Settings

but it did not help.

Did anyone find a solution for that ?

This is not only annoying it's impossible to works like that with SBO.

Kind regards

Hila

jan_cech
Active Participant

Hello, please find the solution in SAP Note 1126796 - Attachment Paths in General Settings

KR

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zach,

I am facing the same problem, this is really annoying.

Have you found a solution for this problem?

you mentioned that different users have different behavior. are all of these users clients of the same server? or are they clients on different servers (from different companies)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ophir,

No, I have not found a solution for this. I have one user who recently came to me and asked why her SAP attachments location had recently changed. Apparently her system would previously open to the last location browsed, but is now opening to the Attachments folder each time.

I'm an end user, so my experience has been with multiple machines on the same network, connecting to the same server and SAP B1 installation. I have made no changes to her system or to the server recently, so I'm unsure what prompted this change.

I have not recently looked into this. When I have a bit more time, I may revisit with a fresh client install on a new machine just to see what happens. Perhaps I can narrow down what influences the behavior. If I do, I'll report back to this thread.

Best regards,

Zach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Info Zach!

This has helped me conclude that the problem is probably to do with windows settings.

As of now, I have found a workaround that can save a great deal of time and inconvenience.

I have not been able to figure out how to change the default location when opening the file dialog box, but I have found that you can edit the locations bar on the left.

This enabled me to add to the location bar my most commonly used locations so I can reach these paths with a simple click of a button.

These are links to instructions that explain how to make the required changes:

1. How to Customize the File Open/Save Dialog Box in Windows

2. https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-change-windows-default-save-as-or-open-location/

Both links explain how to achieve the same thing, but in different ways.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Zach.

I have the same issue with one of my customers.  Did you find a fix for this?

Regards

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kenny,

No.  I have found no solution or explanation for this.  What is happening with your customer?

I suspect the "correct" behavior is the Attachments folder is opened when the browse button is clicked. Although, that's the least desirable behavior.  The couple of systems where the most recently opened location appears is much more desirable.  Never do I want to add a file to the Attachments folder that is already in the attachments folder. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zach

I have some users that when the browse button is clicked, they go back to the last location.

And other users that always default to the attachment folder.

Not desirable at all.  Especially to the users that always default to the attachment folder. Becomes quite monotonous for them.

If you do find a fix, please let me know and I'll do the same.

Regards

Kenny

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All attachment and picture folder path is controlled under general settings-->Path tab and this path is same all users per company.

Check path is correct for all users.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagarajan,

Yes, each user has the Attachments path set to the same location (\\sap\b1_shr\attachments).

When user A clicks the Browse button, the browse dialog opens to this attachments folder.

When user B clicks the Browse button, the browse dialog opens to the location that user last selected a file to attach. In this case, his Scan folder, where newly scanned documents are deposited.

User A has to go browse for his scan folder each time, while user B is shown his scan folder immediately.

If user B picks a file to attach from a different location, his desktop for example, the next time he clicks the Browse button, his desktop folder is shown again.  The system always saves the last location.

User A always has to go browse for the location of the folder he wants to attach, as the files he wants to attach are never located in the \\sap\b1_shr\attachments folder.

Do you know why these users have different experiences when clicking browse?  Is there a setting which can help user A have the same experience as user B?

Zach

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tested in 8.81 PL10 and found all users are assigned with folders. Please check and compare settings for user A and user B.

Only super user or user with full authorization can change path for folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The path is set to \\sap\b1_shr\attachments.

When you click the [Browse] button, does it open to your Attachments folder, or does it open to the folder from you last picked a file to attach?

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its open the path which is already defined under general settings.