Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time limit exceed error in SAP work manager 5.3

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with SAP work manager 5.3 application. I am getting "Time limit Exceeded" error when there are huge number records.

The execution time for the SQL query is getting expired to download large data.

There was a recommendation from  SAP Note # 0000046, to increase the value of System Profile Parameter – “rdisp/max_wprun_time” will resolve the issue.

But this parameter is already set for maximum value 2000.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

This looks like your SQL query takes long time for fetching the work orders. You could execute work order fetch bapi and verify how much time it takes and how many records its getting down to the device. You may need to fix the performance issue by introducing proper filters in config panel and add indexes to tables to avoid the full data download.

Thanks

Resmi

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Roopa,

Where are you getting this error?  On the Agentry server, or the SAP system is actually timing out?  Sounds like you need to optimize that query, limit the data or add indexes to the database tables.  There are also timeout values in the Agentry.ini file that you can increase, but this will only help if the Agentry server is timing out, not if the problem is on the SAP backend side.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the response. Actually I am getting this error in iPad device when the GetWorkOrders fetch is executing. That means the definition internally executed SAP program.

Kindly suggest where could I make changes to resolve this "Time Limit Exceeded" error and also suggest where could I change the values in Agentry.ini if it is agentry server error.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa M.