cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassign Normal Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to take some transports (assigned to Normal Changes) and assign them to a new project. However, when I activated ChaRM for our current implementation project (March 2014) I did not select the "Use Central Change and Transport System Infrastructure" checkbox. Based on what I have read, this checkbox needs to be selected to take advantage of the reassigning functionality. Is there a way to activate it now? I cannot disable ChaRM as a Task List has already been generated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Implementation project which you have is for which landscape does that include Java systems as well?

Also check in the change document -> More-> Change Project Assignment and select the appropriate project.

Things to keep in mind:

a) New Project which you select should have the same Production system as your existing CTS belongs to.

b)If more than one CD is linked to that particular CR then dont change the Project because as soon as you change the project assignment - other CD gets delinked with the CR.

Another alternative is you can create another CR/CD and decouple the CTS from the initial CD and get it linked to new CD.Later you can abandon initial CD.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the suggestions. Java is not part of this landscape. The issue, when I select "Change Project Assignment" I get an error - cannot be changed due to non-imported transport of copies. We had the same message decoupling transports, but SAP Note 2099973 fixed that.

Regards,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the status of the Transport request - All tasks are released or TR also released.

If TR is released then you cannot change the project assignment or decouple the TR from the CD.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The transports are released. I believe it was part of an earlier support packaged, but we're on SPS11, and supposed to be able to change project assignments for released transports. That is, if the cCTS checkbox is selected upon ChaRM activation. From SAP Documentation,
"Mark the Use Central Change and Transport Infrastructure checkbox if you want to activate enhanced flexibility features ... These features provide the flexibility in change documents to reorganize already released transport requests."

Cheers,

Shawn

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Please check this guide:

How To... Set Up cCTS for ChaRM and QGM

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20c1ba0c-8f32-3110-bfa0-9d1e57522...

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the quick response. Section 6 of the guide shows that this checkbox should be selected when you create a project (activate ChaRM). Unfortunately, the guide does not show how (or if it is possible) to select this checkbox after the project has been created and ChaRM activated.

Cheers,

Shawn