cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL 2005 SP4

tanya_gray
Explorer
0 Kudos

We currenty run a ECC6 Ehp5 System with SQL 2005 SP4. Does anyone know when this stops being supported by SAP?  We are looking to upgrade to SQL2014 later this year but would like to know the current timelines for support of SQL2005 SP4

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanya,

SAP generally follows the lifecycle extended support dates published by Microsoft, though of course there are restrictions within given NetWeaver releases. The published lifecycle dates for SQL Server 2005 are at http://support2.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=2855. From this you can see that Extended Support for SQL 2005 ends 4/12/2016.

Naturally, you must also check the PAM for your particular NetWeaver release. I don't think SQL 2014 is generally released for SAP products yet, except by special agreement. I've been migrating my SQL 2005 systems to SQL 2012 over the past few and upcoming months with good success.

Regards,

Matt

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanya,

If your question is answered, please mark the thread as answered by clicking the button on the appropriate response. This helps others to know that they can find a solution here if they have the same question.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tanya,

As per note

SAP recommends you to upgrade to a newer SQL Server version that is still under Microsoft Mainstream Support.

Coming to Microsoft:

Extended Support for SQL Server 2005 will come to an end on April 12, 2016.

Go through the below Microsoft links.

Microsoft Product Lifecycle Search

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 End of Support Reminder - A Story of BI, BIG Data and SQL Serve...

regards,

pavan

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heh, looks like you and I posted roughly the same thing at roughly the same time. Great minds think alike, eh?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check SAP Notes 1177356 and 62988

The following is a useful Link for details on all Databases

Thanks ,

Manu